Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Defend the Manor - Massive game for Game Festival
03-20-2014, 06:04 PM
RE: Defend the Manor - Massive game for Game Festival
Well unfortunately this ended up a huge failure. The Game Festival was 3 days long and I had "events" scheduled each day. My "events" were mixed in with the open gaming. I only got 2 people to demo Last night on Earth Friday night. I was ok with that since it was the first night and it started in the evening. The next day I did some Legendary:Marvel demos and again only had 2 people to sit down. So I had high hopes for Sunday since I was given a 4hr time block. When I showed up around 330(event was supposed to start at 4) there wasnt a single table available for me. I walked around for about 15 min hoping a table would clear or someone in charge would help out. No one talked to me! I couldnt even tell who was in charge. So after the small turnout I had gotten previous days I wasnt going to waste my time. I was pretty upset there wasnt a specified area for us running events. I was even in contact with the organizers telling them what I was doing and the space I would need weeks before the Festival. I dont understand why I bothered with that if they were just throwing everyone into one room. So I guess Ill have to try this out at our local Zombie Fest in August (hopefully its not the same weekend as Gencon)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 07:12 PM
That is disappointing. Did anything good come out of the two sessions your were able to hold?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
03-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Hey that's bloody rock bottom. It's just down to crappy organization. I don't think they realise how much preparation goes into putting something like this together. I'm sure you feel disheartened mate but chin up. The world still needs to be introduced to the ultimate Zombie game. I hope your next plans get a more rewarding result.
04-06-2014, 06:08 PM
So yesterday was Tabletop day and I finally got to give this a try. We ended up with 7 Heroes playing. Instead of seeing how long we could last we went with 20 rounds figuring thatd be a long enough game and still leave us time for other games. Overall we had a blast! Really there was only 2 things I wanted to change after playing. Zombies hand size will be just fine as the default 4 card limit. Also I feel the Heroes should take the first turn. Before I even got my turn I had to fight a zombie with 2 other zombies adjacent. So my character (Alice) had to spend the first few turns running so it wasnt til turn 4 or 5 when she finally got the chance to search. We did have amongst us a Revolver, 2 police shotguns, Baseball bat, a torch and some event cards. We missed so much with the guns. They never ran out of ammo our aim just sucked! Around the 7-8th turn all 28 zombies were on then board. We had to send a few sacrificial lambs to pull some Zombies from the Manor out. If we couldve found some dynamite we couldve easily taken out half the horde. From there things just went down hill. Jake was the only one still alive with 4 turns left. There was just too many zombies.

I guess theres one other thing that needs to fixed. Once Heroes moved from start locations the boards on each end saw little to no play. One player suggested changing to layout so Manor and Radio station are at opposite ends and both locations must be defended. I really like the idea and hopefully we will get to try it out sometime.
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
That sounds like it would have been one EPIC Last Night!
04-08-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm glad it went well this time. Good job!