Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Definition of Defeating an Enemy and Villians Healing
01-02-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: Definition of Defeating an Enemy and Villians Healing
Z67 wrote
I also think that as it gives you the chance to Escape for free between fights means that FFP treat Escaping as running away from the base not running further in to your goal. This also takes out the hard part of Escaping you mention Pred, as you don't have to roll to Escape between fights. So if we play it the way you read ti all you have to do if defeat one Mobster then take the free Escape option for any other fights and we have destroyed the Outpost. Doesn't seem right to me.

thats not what I am saying at all. If you were discovered by 5 Henchman... you would haft to encounter the first one... Either fight it or Escape... Which ever route you go you just encountered the first Henchman, witch counts as a completion with any other fight... Then you have the choice to keep encountering the rest of the 4 that discovered you or choose to make a free escape from the Zep...

But if you go through and encounter the remaining 4 and kill at least one of them...(because its say ANY on very bottom of card)... you may destroy the HQ and take your prizes.

Now if you are playing co-op and play with the War Zep. then yes you would haft to defeat every enemy that found you but I didn't think the game we were questioning here was playing the war zep. so I didn't mention it. But the reason for the is you can bring your allies with you. Somtimes it might make it hard and sometimes it doesn't, but that why you haft to kill all of them

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 02:23 AM by zombie67.)
(01-02-2012 11:14 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  That sure looks like the Mob Outost rather than the Nazi one :P

Ooops, yep wrong one. I have gone back and changed it.

(01-02-2012 11:24 PM)Pred Wrote:  Z67 wrote
I also think that as it gives you the chance to Escape for free between fights means that FFP treat Escaping as running away from the base not running further in to your goal. This also takes out the hard part of Escaping you mention Pred, as you don't have to roll to Escape between fights. So if we play it the way you read ti all you have to do if defeat one Mobster then take the free Escape option for any other fights and we have destroyed the Outpost. Doesn't seem right to me.

thats not what I am saying at all. If you were discovered by 5 Henchman... you would haft to encounter the first one... Either fight it or Escape... Which ever route you go you just encountered the first Henchman, witch counts as a completion with any other fight... Then you have the choice to keep encountering the rest of the 4 that discovered you or choose to make a free escape from the Zep...

But if you go through and encounter the remaining 4 and kill at least one of them...(because its say ANY on very bottom of card)... you may destroy the HQ and take your prizes.

Now if you are playing co-op and play with the War Zep. then yes you would haft to defeat every enemy that found you but I didn't think the game we were questioning here was playing the war zep. so I didn't mention it. But the reason for the is you can bring your allies with you. Somtimes it might make it hard and sometimes it doesn't, but that why you haft to kill all of them

You seem to be saying here that the term Escape within the game means two different things - Free Escape means runs away from the Outpost or Zeppelin, where as a rolled Escape means just "dodging" the Henchmen but still staying in the Outpost or Zeppelin to complete its destruction.

Again I feel this doesn't seem right.

You mention the word ANY again so I would ask you to think of the meaning of the word ANY on the card in this way -

"You rolled 8 dice to try to sneak past the Henchmen, did ANY of the dice fail?"

"Yes, 3 dice failed"

"Okay you have to defeat them to destroy the base!"

I stick by my feelings that this is the way the card should be played but at the end of the day, Pred, anyone can play the game as they see fit and I am all for House Rules, so if you play it as meaning you only have to defeat 1 Henchman out of 3 then go for it.
01-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I PM'd Mary beth to see if she or Jason could give us and official answer.

Here is her reply:

Quote:Hi James,
As for an official answer, I know villains heal any time they go back to their cards and wait to be deployed, whether KOed or finding an artifact. I have e-mailed Jason the thread link so hopefully he will get back to you guys soon. -MB

So Vilains do heal each time they go back to their card.

Hopefully, Jason will sort out the other query soon.
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Good info, thanks for sharing Z67.

Going back to my original post about Villains and Temple Collapses: If the Villain is just going to heal when it goes back to its card, why deal the D6 wounds? I guess it is a chance to KO the Villain and buy an additional round of play with that Villain off the table...
01-04-2012, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 01:26 AM by Pred.)
Z67...
You seem to be saying here that the term Escape within the game means two different things - Free Escape means runs away from the Outpost or Zeppelin, where as a rolled Escape means just "dodging" the Henchmen but still staying in the Outpost or Zeppelin to complete its destruction.

No. I dont mean it in two different ways. If you are encountering a
Henchman there is an escape system on the bottom of the card,
whether or not you fight it or escape it you are rolling a test to
ENCOUNTER that enemy if you fight it you get glory, if you escape
it you dont get glory but you still encountered it. After that your in
a break period where you can choose to escape the HQ for FREE,
meaning no roll test is required or choose to encounter the rest of
the henchman by...ENCOUNTERING them.

just because you escaped in a fight doesn't mean you have escape
from the HQ, because you would still have to ENCOUNTER the rest
of the henchman that found you. BUT in between fights during the
break period you are allowed to escape the HQ for free as the card
states INSTEAD of having to ENCOUNTER the rest of the henchman.

I hope Jason or a Flying Frog rep. can give us some info on the way
it's supposed to be. We have been playing it like this because we all
feel this is how it reads in my group. Its not something I would make
a house rule if I was wrong, I just dont think I am.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
01-17-2012, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 01:45 AM by vikinglad.)
BUMP... in the night.

Are there any FFP heroes out there that can give an official answer to the Defeat/Escape question in this thread? Also, please provide a confirmation on the Villians healing rule. Do they heal whenever they go back to their card, or only when KO'd, or some third option? Thanks for the help. Great game!
01-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Looks like Villains heal up any time they are returned back to their cards, so, essentially, any time they are removed from the board (per zombie67's post above where he PM'd Mary Beth/Soundgirl). That's good enough confirmation for me.

As for the defeat/escape question, I just don't buy that defeating one and escaping from any additional is the correct interpretation of the rules. I still maintain that all henchmen that spot you must be defeated in order to successfully destroy the Hideout, until I see some errata or official clarification that says otherwise.