Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delayed Posts
09-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Delayed Posts
Hi all, I seem to be having some problems with regards to posting. Sometimes, the pages display all the posts actually made, but sometimes, it lacks the posts that were done (not just mine) in the past few hours. Is this normal? If not, is there anything I can do to fix it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2012, 02:30 AM
RE: Delayed Posts
It's not normal but I have no idea how to fix it,everything works ok for me.
Sarku may need to check it out.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-14-2012, 02:47 AM
I thought it was the timeclock difference between my forum settings and my computer clock, but after fixing that and refreshing my cache, the problem still persists. Here's hoping I can find a fix for it soon. It's quite weird going through the forums and scratching my head, saying to myself 'Didn't I reply to that post?'
09-14-2012, 01:41 PM
There was a problem with GoDaddy (the host). I'm think there are some issues that are still persisting. I've noticed the site not working quite right recently and I've attributed it to GoDaddy. I hope everything will be okay soon.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2012, 08:25 PM
A while back I actually had something similar happen to me once. I typed a lengthy response to a thread. The stats of the thread showed my response as the most recent response in the thread. However, when you went into it, my response was not there. For days, it never showed up. Since then, the thread has gone forgotten, so I never did notice if my response finally showed up or not.

Weird. I'll have to see if I can go back and remember which one it was to see if my response ever did show up.
09-15-2012, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012 12:54 AM by Bokya.)
The problem still persists for me, but it's nothing a refresh on each page can't fix. Maybe the site keeps pulling back old memory unless you actually manually tell it that 'No, it's updated, check again.'. Because even the time clock on the site jumps several minutes (sometimes Hours) when I hit the refresh button. I am glad, however, to see that this has happened before to some users and that it got better.
09-17-2012, 01:39 PM
That's weird... it sounds more like a cache issue than anything. What browser are you using on what OS?

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm using two different computers.

1) Windows 7 Home (Firefox)
2) Windows XP SP3 (Firefox) - This one's a laptop

I'm still having issues, but refreshing seems to fix the problem. Temporarily, anyway.
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I guess the problem you are having is different from what I had before, then. No matter what I did, even after days, my post never showed up even though it was still listed as the most recent in the thread. Nobody else posted in the thread after that, unfortunately, to see if the problem would still persist.
09-26-2012, 09:17 AM
The problem still persists. I noticed that when editing posts multiple times, it actually can be quite a problem. For example, I edit a post at 1PM, then decide to reedit a post at 2PM.

If I reedit a post, but the clock on the forum says 12:30, it will take into account that I have not edited that post during 1PM, thus removing the past changes that I made. Quite frustrating, but I guess I just have to make sure I'm editing an edited work before I reedit. :p