Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delusions (LNoE Scenario)
09-14-2012, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 10:18 AM by Bokya.)
Delusions (LNoE Scenario)
Delusions (ALPHA Phase!)
Playtesters appreciated

Delusions is currently in Alpha Phase. It is a Scenario that is meant to be played by 2 or 4 Players. The Scenario plays out with 1 (Yes, 1) 'Hero' player and up to 3 Zombie players. There are rules within for either a Free For All play-through, or Co-Op mode for the Zombies. Interested? Read on.

‘Hero’ Scenario Intro
“They’re here,” Jake Cartwright mutters under his breath as he enters the town of Woodinvale, “I can smell ‘em in the air.” Jake walks along a dusty trail, leaving behind deep footprints in the ground as he makes his way towards Woodinvale High. Blazing music, loud shouting and inhuman moaning fill the air as he approaches the school grounds. Peeking into one of the windows, he sees two Zombies each devouring a piece of meat and drinking blood. More Zombies inter the gym from the school. Retrieving a Revolver from his pack, he kicks down the Gym door and shoots one of the Zombies in the head, “You ain’t takin’ this town too.”

Pretty standard, right? A drifter walking into town to save it from a horde of zombies they're unprepared for. I thought it would be interesting to make two sides of a story for the scenario because, well, there are always two sides aren't there?

‘Zombie’ Scenario Intro
“Now can I throw a party or can I throw a party?” Trevor boasted at his friend Michael as he walked into the gym with a glass of spiked punch and a haunch of roasted meat. “Didn’t I tell you that the school would let us have a Zombies Night for Haloween?” Michael nodded, his fake plastic jaw falling off as he took a bite from his own meat. As the band played, growls and screams filled the air, keeping the attention away from a shadow that shifted outside. Suddenly, with a crash, the gym door flung open and there stood a deranged-looking man with a shiny piece of metal in his hand. Trevor screamed, “Oh God, he’s got a G…!” A gunshot. Trevor falls to the ground.

Whoa, twist. I'll write up endings for each side as well, once I manage to finish it all up. The main concept is pretty much done, but the mechanics need a bit of tweaking. I'll work on this Scenario as I learn more about the balance of LNoE. This game will most likely require a lot of playtesting. I'll update it as frequently as I can.

Changelog
Sept 14, 2012: Started Delusions with Story Background, Win Conditions and a General Premise.
Sept 17, 2012: Added Special Abilities of Zombies.
Sept 24, 2012: Added a Character card for usage, and an Alpha version as a Doc file in a Zipped folder.
Sept 28, 2012: Twist of Fate Card designs. Polished version of the Doc file.
TBA: Polished version of the game.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Delusions Alpha.zip (Size: 5.27 MB / Downloads: 24)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Delusions (LNoE Scenario)
Liking the sound of this one dude il keep glued to this one :-)
09-14-2012, 08:21 PM
That does sound really cool and unique. I, too, will be keeping my eyes on your progress with this one.
09-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Hilarious. I like where this is going. What does this mean?

Quote:The 'Zombies' win if they can Kill or Capture the 'Hero' player using their Police pieces
09-14-2012, 10:35 PM
One powerful hero against up to 21 "zombies"? Sounds like a fun idea.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
09-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Good idea. I think Jake will be dead pretty quick. Maybe give the Hide ability (Zombies need +4 to find him) Or ignores a wound on a 5 or 6?

Just one question. Is the Pick Up: Ammo on the Gym? (As you know Pick Ups apply to buildings)
OR Does Jake have the ability to Pick Up Ammo as a Search option in any building? Just like the Sheriff's ability to take a Revolver as a Search option.
09-15-2012, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012 11:59 AM by Bokya.)
(09-14-2012 10:34 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Hilarious. I like where this is going. What does this mean?

Quote:The 'Zombies' win if they can Kill or Capture the 'Hero' player using their Police pieces

Police Pieces come in later in the game when a 'Zombie' piece is killed. In multiplayer, the killed piece stays in possession of its previous owner (Due to Zombie colors). They start in the station, and act a little stronger than Normal Zombies.

(09-15-2012 09:50 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Good idea. I think Jake will be dead pretty quick. Maybe give the Hide ability (Zombies need +4 to find him) Or ignores a wound on a 5 or 6?

Just one question. Is the Pick Up: Ammo on the Gym? (As you know Pick Ups apply to buildings)
OR Does Jake have the ability to Pick Up Ammo as a Search option in any building? Just like the Sheriff's ability to take a Revolver as a Search option.
Jake would be dead pretty quick, but there will be some rules I'll be putting into place that only allow Civilians damage to him in certain situations. The Police counterparts, however, will have an edge against him. The main balance factors I need to play around with now are the board layout, and some kind of mechanic that incentives 'Zombie' players to RUN instead of to suicide their people in an attempt to shell out more Policemen.

The ability will be similar to the Sheriffs ability, which gives Jake more options. He can either just go on throughout the game killing, or he can try to spend a couple turns trying to turn that perma-revolver into a perma-shotgun or something else.
09-16-2012, 02:31 AM
You joined relatively recently, and this scenario right here, even not finished, seems beautifully done. I'm impressed and hope to see some other stuff from you soon.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Update:
The Alpha Game has been completed. The following are the contents of the ZIP File:
x1 Rules Doc
x1 Jake Cartwright Hero Card
x3 Twist of Fate Cards

The only things missing now are a PDF Format of the rules, and a list of Cards that should be taken out prior to playing. (I will probably need help in determining which cards to ban for this. I'm taking suggestions.)

If I get some positive news about this, I might make another part of the Delusion Series, focusing on Jenny and Farmer Sty. Or a Single-player Becky Scenario.
09-28-2012, 05:11 PM
I love the sound of this.. Well done Sir (or Madam)!! I tip my hat in your direction and tweak my moustache in respect and admiration for this great idea...
I cannot wait to try this.

Freak01

Not the face!! Not the face!!