Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Second game!
04-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Second game!
A'ight...sat down today for my second full game of "A Touch of Evil"...it kicked all kinds of butt.

Anne Marie (my friend also named Tommy) vs Isabella Von Took (me) vs The Spectral Horseman.

Early on, Lady Hanbrook got offed, but I managed to poke in and perform an Autopsy to get me a bonus in Investigation after the Spectral Horseman kicked my butt hard minutes in.

Anne Marie used her awesome spirit to run around the board trashing Ghost Soldiers, while I made do where I could trying to avoid the Horseman (I failed, often).

Anne Marie also started a book collection, while boosting her Spirit at the Church.

THEN the Hounds came out.

Anne Marie took a thrashing from a set of Ghost Soldiers, then had hounds hunting her down right in the middle of town...meanwhile, Isabella found a Hunting Rifle and use a mix of that and spending of Investigation to keep ahead of most beasties.

The Town Elders dropped like flies, but Magistrate Kroft took an active role, going On The Hunt! Isabella met him at The Church and used her help to boost her Spirit, making her less vulnerable to the Horseman.

As the Shadow Track moved into the Final Phase, we both started getting desperate...so I had Isabella call out the Horseman at The Church, with Magistrate Kroft in tow...unfortunately, Reverend Harding was still alive and an agent of Evil...so I shot him in the head.

Realizing that Kroft was more a liability than a help at this point (not terribly useful against The Horseman, and if he died, the Horseman would get stronger) I sent him away...then proceeded to gun him down with the Hunting Rifle while spending away all the damage inflicted by the Horseman using Von Took's Manipulation ability.

Von Took's power is kinda harsh...as she stood toe to toe, by herself, with a 16 wound Horseman and won, thanks to spending Investigation to ditch any damage done.

Still, we both had a blast and that's the important part.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2009, 11:50 AM
RE: Second game!
Nice Game...Von Took can really take itZombie03
oddly enough our games with her are a mixed bag.

We always seem to have trouble gettin her
into a nice Inv.point surplus.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply