Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Design Top-down tiles
05-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Design Top-down tiles
Hello everyone,

I intend to remake board game tiles of Dead of Night. Almost board tiles is top-down and I am not best at software for designer. Do anyone know another way to get top-down images from game, or some software to do that.

I have tried to capture image from many game but failed such as l4d, survivors quad,zombies!!!, dead frontier ( it good but bad texture)... Now i'm downloading The Sims, build a room and capture that ( LOL). I heard that Garry's Mod can do that, @.@ anyone try it? please let me know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 01:09 PM
RE: Design Top-down tiles
I used the sims 3 for most of the artwork/textures in my expansion

LOST Night on Earth

Turned out great so that should work. You can check it out in the variants section of the forums. (You don't need download access to get it from there)

Best of luck!

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
05-29-2014, 02:29 PM
(05-29-2014 01:09 PM)aprillo Wrote:  I used the sims 3 for most of the artwork/textures in my expansion

LOST Night on Earth

Turned out great so that should work. You can check it out in the variants section of the forums. (You don't need download access to get it from there)

Best of luck!

glad to hear that. do you have any pack make the sims more bloody
05-29-2014, 09:41 PM
darkskyner

Sims2 may be better for what you are wanting to achieve, although Sims3 is the latest release of the franchise Sims2 has had 10 years of a dedicated community modding for it and there are some great "blood splattered" sets out there.

If you are just wanting to produce game tiles you would only need the base game.

I highly recommend checking out the ModtheSims website.

(I got into Machima a long time ago and toyed with making my own, Sims2 was a great way to do it. However I spent more time building sets and creating Zombie and Monster Sims than filming my movies!)
05-30-2014, 06:49 AM
(05-29-2014 09:41 PM)UK_zombie Wrote:  darkskyner

Sims2 may be better for what you are wanting to achieve, although Sims3 is the latest release of the franchise Sims2 has had 10 years of a dedicated community modding for it and there are some great "blood splattered" sets out there.

If you are just wanting to produce game tiles you would only need the base game.

I highly recommend checking out the ModtheSims website.

(I got into Machima a long time ago and toyed with making my own, Sims2 was a great way to do it. However I spent more time building sets and creating Zombie and Monster Sims than filming my movies!)

thank you for precious advice. Zombie24
05-30-2014, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 11:33 AM by aprillo.)
(05-29-2014 02:29 PM)darkskynyr Wrote:  
(05-29-2014 01:09 PM)aprillo Wrote:  I used the sims 3 for most of the artwork/textures in my expansion

LOST Night on Earth

Best of luck!

glad to hear that. do you have any pack make the sims more bloody

No I don't but if you have photo shop it shouldn't be hard to super-impose some blood here and there. If you'd like tips on how-to. Feel free to PM me

And of course Ukzombie makes a good point. Only reason I opted for the sims three is the graphics are sharper and my variant didn't require blood spatter as it was based off of the show Lost. So to me the resolution was the deciding factor.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom