Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Destroying barricades
10-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Destroying barricades
I think there should be some way to remove/destroy barricades albeit not that easily. Are there any existing rules with fire that destroy them? I'd think that they should be able to burn down or be taken out with explosives.

I imagine using an explosive grave dead to take out the defenses before moving my hoard in for the kill.

Hopefully there will be something for this in blood in the forest.

PS: Does anyone know how feral zombies with grave weapons will work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: Destroying barricades
A barricade is destroyed once a zombie successfully rolls to bust down the barricade forgive my memory but I believe when they attempt to move through a barricade they roll a die if it's 3+ it succeeds and the barricade is removed unless it is reinforced in which case a reinforcement is removed instead.
10-15-2013, 02:45 AM
Looking at the rules it only looks like reinforcement markers can be removed.
10-15-2013, 03:13 AM
Page 6 of the Survival of the Fittest rules state:

"Once a Barricade is built on a wall, it remains in place for the rest of the game and may not be removed."

Reinforcement markers are different however - they may be removed by either Heroes or Zombies, using certain mechanics.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
10-15-2013, 03:52 AM
I see thanks guys like I said I was trying to go off memory
10-15-2013, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 09:40 AM by Achtung Panzer.)
Yep. Thematically the Zombies break through the barricade rather than dismantling / removing it.
10-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Perhaps a break point would be better. If zombies break through a specific point(square) in a barricade they can flow though this space without having to roll. Then it would be the trade off as to go through the hole punched in the barricade and risk a shotgun/explosive or a more even swarm.
10-15-2013, 03:23 PM
(10-15-2013 02:57 PM)ch82 Wrote:  Perhaps a break point would be better. If zombies break through a specific point(square) in a barricade they can flow though this space without having to roll. Then it would be the trade off as to go through the hole punched in the barricade and risk a shotgun/explosive or a more even swarm.

I like this idea and there are tokens / markers that could be used to show the break point - the open door marker being an obvious one.