Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Diablo lll
05-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Diablo lll
Any players here?
I recently got a copy. It is good fun, especialy in co-op with some friends.
I don't like co-op with those WOW mentality gamers though...as soon as theybstart bitching about the game and things you do, I'm getting out of it.

So I was wondering if there are any other players out there.
My name on battlenet is SteveZombie#2533

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Diablo lll
I don't really play MMOs. And, as big a fan of Ds 1 and 2 I was, the mechanics of D3 seem stilted. They WOWified things too much -- lacks the rough charm from what I've seen; it's too polished and chrome-y for me; not enough "quirk". Sorry Insane19
05-21-2012, 08:16 AM
I never played WOW before so I would not know if it is WOWified. But I did play D1 and D2 and it still feels the same Diablo to me Watchmen02 Only prettier Watchmen02

I don't think of it as a MMO though...could be wrong but I don't feel it that way. There is a single player and co-op play and that is it. That PVP thing is not operational and I don't think I will even try that when it does come out.
But unfortunatly that WOW mentality of levelup fast and destroy all is massive present when you search for info online. I don't get that why people have to be that way.

05-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Well Emp you can count with me in a while...
You may have my bow, or axe... or whatever crap i use to smash that demons...

=D

Got a copy yesterday... now downloading time...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Emp, the problem is it's an online-only game. "single player" in it is faked. I know, I'm an extremist in this respect though. I don't buy games that aren't mine.
05-21-2012, 05:31 PM
I was and still am a fan of D1. D2 drove me crazy and would only tolerate the game. I was over my sons yesturday and he was showing me previews on youtube about D3. He wants to fix his old lap top and give it to me. so we can game together. Grrrrrr. I make a great support ally. Im quiet and dont care ( yes, me )

He said it does have a PVP option. It is in an arena only though. I like the sounds of that better. Im just not looking for a new "Crack" right now either.

IDK, i might be in league with mqstout. I liked the simpler old version. D2 was fun, then all the PVP peeps were every where, and it made it no fun.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
05-21-2012, 06:59 PM
i got it for my brothers wife for mothers day so im only going to get to play it like once or twice a week.

the games cool but if your looking for a classic diablo experience you might be better off with torchlight 2.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
05-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Well the game looks really good after all...

However is sad that the single player doesn't have the feel of a single player game because you have to be connected and stuff...

but still i couldn't simply not play it... it is D3 after all... 11 years of waiting...

Lastly got a wizard lvl 3 so far... will be very hard to play needing a internet connection... since at home my web is very very crappy

05-22-2012, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 07:12 AM by Emp.)
Why is the singleplayer fake mqstout?
You are indeed connected to that thing called battlenet and it has drop in drop out options (friends only as far as I know) so if you struggle with something one of your friends can come and help you out, if you want to.
I am now in Act II and have not encountered any other online players.

Battlenet is a thing where you can connect and keep track of your friends and what they play and get done in games. So far I have found no other use for it, i call it facebook for games Zombie03 on PC. I thikn that is a simpler version of the way Xbox and PS3 connect friends and players.
Battlefield 3 has also battlenet option on Xbox but I have not tried it.
In Diablo 3 it also has something called Auction House, here you can buy items that other people put on auction. That is items they made in the game. Building items like armor and weapons comes with the need for a bit of luck and when you think of it that is a nice way of not having people building shit with the power of 5 nagasaki bombs. Items have magical slots but these get filled at random. At first I thought that was dumb...but considering the average gamers mentality these days it seems like a good find to me now. This thing is also probably hooked to Battlenet.

And as far as that PVP goes, that thing has not been activated overhere so we can not play that, nor do I care for it.

Last night I have entered Act II and am now at level 18 Demon Hunter.
It is fun Watchmen02

05-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Demon hunter 18... wow...

I thing i didn't get... we don't get points to spend in skills emp?

It's all leveled together? or am i wrong?

I'm at level 3 as wizard and didn't see anything to put points in it....