Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Diablo lll
05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: Diablo lll
That's exactly the problem, Emp. You can only play the game when they feel like allowing you to. I play games primarily single player and prefer it that way. When I do play multiplayer, it's with people I know -- usually in the same place (and they cut LAN play out; playing multiple people on Battle.net from one single Internet connection ain't happening). They just take too much control over a product you supposedly "buy" but really it's just a long-term rental.

And the auction house you mention -- that's the primary reason they enforce the online connectivity, to urge people to use it so they get a chunk of change on every transaction. When I play games like that, I *only* use that which I see drop myself. I don't care to participate in any "economy".

John, there's no spending of points in D3 -- all skills are unlocked automatically as you level up; you only have choices in which few to equip to your skill bar at any given time (which you can change at any time -- there's zero attachment or commitment to your character). Runes are also unlocked as you level up, again freely interchangeable whenever you want. Runes are the extent of non-loot customization in the game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2012, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 07:38 PM by Emp.)
Mqstout, Hmm... I don't agree with you my friend Watchmen02
I haven't noticed the LAN play being left out... then again I don't do LAN get togethers so that does not bother me. I don't know if you have to be logged in to Battlenet to be able to play actualy, I'll check that later and let you know. And I too play only this multiplayer with people I know Zombie03 but we are not in the same room hehehe

You are wrong about the auction house, right now you spend only the gold you get in the game. I heard they plan on doing it with real money too but is not activated, nor do I care for it.
I don't see why people spend real money on virtual shit. But then again...you will always have dumb weak people who do so. My friend told me stuff like that ruined WOW for him.
As the stuff you create gets created at 50% random luck, people charge outrageous amounts of "gold" for an item so I'm not even bothered with that. I just checked it out to see what it was and once again I faced the fact that stupid people ruin the game for those who let them. I don't see an economy in it...some people see it as part of the game...others are not bothered with it.

John, I haven't played that much to get to level 18. You level up really fast so don't worry.
You are correct about not being able to gve points to certain skills. The way it works is that you make yourself stronger by the gear and weapons you carry. As you probably have noticed you find shitllouds of stuff. It is just a matter of trying stuff out.

As you level up your character gets stronger in his weapons. You unlock more stuff for the weapon to do and give it more punch. Mqstout does not really explains it how it actually works wih the runes and weaponskills. You can indeed switch between so there is ni commitment, like he says. But I do not see it like this. Every unlocked weaponskill is something your character learns. For example...when you used to shooting a shotgun but at some point you get your hands on a assault rifle. Does that mean you use the assault rifle and never use the shotgun again?
The way I play is that I switch my weaponskills acording to the situation I get my ass in.
I have ranged strikes who do damage over large distances wich is good in open plains but then I have also the ability to throw grenades and that comes in handy when I am in a dungeon.

Runes also get unlocked when you level up. And also there are other skills you learn and can use at all time because they are not locked to a weapon.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
05-22-2012, 07:42 PM
I've play'd like an hour by now

Lvl 6 mage...

think the skill system is quite good... seems balanced and i'm seeing my self changind my spells very often to be more effective accordingly with the situations i'm in...

In fact Emp yes you must be logged... i've got a maintenance today... made me really sad... since i couldn't log in one of the only hours of the day i have free time and internets...

One thing that bothered me is all characters look the same... they could work on a bit of variation...

Liking the game very much... but the need for connection is a real boomer... =/

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
05-23-2012, 07:56 AM
It is indeed dumb that you have to connect to the servers to play. I just don't get why they do that.

I'm level 19 now and have been playing for about 13 hours.

And I checked the "public games" just for shits 'n giggles. I expected to be thrown on a map findinf shitloads of people bashing eachothers heads in with magic and stuff. But that was not the case, I just dropped in on a guy who was playing a level in Act 1. He told me he was lost (that is what you get if you just run forward and don't check every corner of the map) so I decided to help him on his way.

05-23-2012, 12:46 PM
I bought this on release and have been so busy with work I have only played for about 20 mins. Hopefully once things calm down I'll be able to actually do something other than work Watchmen02

I did play in the beta though so I have had some experience with the game before release. I actually like that I don't need to think about distributing points on leveling up.
05-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Play'd a bit as a barbarian yesterday... A lot more better... and a lot less clicking... the new barbarian is a lot more fun to play...

As for my wizard... lvl 8 or 9... liked very much the artisan's interface. I will try single player the most that i can... only into public games if i run out of options... hope maintenances aren't as often as in wow...

The game is a blast... the skill mechanics make it a lot more tatical...=)

05-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Sup guys,

Ive got a:

Lvl 23 Monk 4rth Char. Beat Stick! I likem
Lvl 44 Demon Hunter 2nd char. Major Dmg! very squishy (Hardcore)
Lvl 38 Witch Doctor 1st char. its ok (Nightmare)
Lvl 12 Barbarian 3rd Char. not my favorite

if any one wants to play i'll be down. send me a friend invite Pred#1996

Iv'e skim the post on this thread saw some like and some dont. Whom
ever said its like D2 but prettier, is right. It plays exactly like diablo 2
to me. As far as being an online game only, yeah sure it is, but you dont
haft to play with anybody, and can block people from joining you if you
like to solo. I dont know why exactly they made it online only, sure it may
be a ploy for the AH, but dont let the online only keep you from playing,
its a fun game, and you DONT haft to play with other people if you dont
want. Its not like there is a monthly fee to play. Plus if you really get into
it the live AH will be up soon, and say you get lucky goofing around one
day and stumble across a super rare, you can sell it for real paypal cash,
that you can spend on lets say, some new figures to paint, or a new
board game coming out. Its pretty Win WIN to me.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
05-24-2012, 07:39 AM
(05-23-2012 12:46 PM)Thraxas Wrote:  I actually like that I don't need to think about distributing points on leveling up.

Same here!

@Pred.
Nicely said and you got a point there on selling if you find something rare Watchmen02

05-24-2012, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2012 12:23 PM by j0hnnn.)
The gaming experience is really good

i have like 2 chars by now
Lvl 12 Wizard and Lvl 6 Barbarian...

And i will probably stick with Wizard...
the way skills play their roles is amazing the game feels a lot more tactical and that makes it even better than D2...

Playing and loving it.
Oh yeah... and my gametag is

jbalarini#1781

05-24-2012, 03:44 PM
....all this talk, makes me want to join the comradery...

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05