Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dice
10-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Dice
I've been playing Heroclix, a miniatures game, for almost a decade now, and throughout those years I've always been fond of using dice with slightly rounded corners. The first thing I noticed when I got my used copy of IFOS was that the dice had sharp corners. I also noticed that the center board had a lot of very small dents, which probably resulted from the dice hits. Now that I've played around 10 games of LNOE, I've been noticing a build up of dents as well. I'm thinking of getting a set of same-colored dice and replacing what came with the two FFP games.

How about you guys? Do you have a preferred set/type of dice for the games that you own? Are you using the same set that came with your copy of LNOE?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2012, 01:47 PM
RE: Dice
I'm still using my LNoE dice simply because I haven't lost them... yet. But when I do I will probably get some new dice for it rather than pull from my current stockpile. Being a tabletop RPG player I'm a little superstitious about my dice. For example, I do have some dice that seem to roll better when I really need them to as a player, but when I'm running a game I get horrid results. But the opposite happens with my Cthulu d20 set.

I like the feel of precision cut dice, but for safety reasons, including forgetting that die that dropped on the floor until the bottom of your foot finds it, I try to stick with rounded edges.
Find all posts by this user
10-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Now you mention it. When I started out playing LNoE I got some bone shaped dice for the ZP. They turned out to be a bit clumsy and I seldom use them now. Also, my group tends to be a bit suspicious about the dice including the official LNoE ones, so that just made matters worse. Heck I'll admit that I sometimes find the repeating results from the same dice a bit odd.
Now I've ordered some 12mm ones to introduce as replacement with rounded edges but with the same uninspiring white color scheme with black dots. The turning point for me though was the constant low stock. We now have 36 to split between players. This should do the trick.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
10-21-2012, 03:47 AM
nothing worse than the tiny white dice that comes with games!
10-21-2012, 08:34 AM
i grabbed a cube of red and a cube of blue dice when i was getting card boxes so i could pack all my last night on earth gear in one box...love having the different colors for zombies and heroes and also grabbed the rounded corners.
10-21-2012, 10:30 PM
I use a Tower but mostly go with the Game Dice UNLESS it's those really small ones.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I've actually been thinking of getting some different colored dice for heroes and zombies. I've seen some pretty cool ones out there. For example, ones with a bit of a bloody look.

I have to admit, though, I'm a little bit anal when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm having a hard time bringing myself to actually do it, because I feel like the dice they provided are part of the game. I almost can't bring myself to use something else. LOL! I'm really weird like that.

But, when you come right down to it and think about it, dice are dice. They have the same chance of rolling the same numbers. It isn't like you'd be giving either side an unfair advantage, or changing the game in any way. It would just make it easier to remember who rolled what when they cross sometimes. Now, if only I can convince MYSELF of that. LOL!