Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did anyone see Dr Who?
11-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Did anyone see Dr Who?
Did those in the UK see Dr Who last night. It had a zombie theme. The first tereformers on Mars threatened by some sort of bactreria in the water that turned people into water zombies. It was good, but I think they could have done more with it. They concenrated on the Dr, trying to come to terms with his quandry of should he or shouldn't he help them, for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2009, 07:09 PM
RE: Did anyone see Dr Who?
Cymrusaint Wrote:Did those in the UK see Dr Who last night. It had a zombie theme. The first tereformers on Mars threatened by some sort of bactreria in the water that turned people into water zombies. It was good, but I think they could have done more with it. They concenrated on the Dr, trying to come to terms with his quandry of should he or shouldn't he help them, for me.

I stopped watching after the first season, just couldn't hold my interest. Plus the idea of WATER zombies doesn't sound like it would appeal to my inner gore fiend.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
deadandwalking Wrote:
Cymrusaint Wrote:Did those in the UK see Dr Who last night. It had a zombie theme. The first tereformers on Mars threatened by some sort of bactreria in the water that turned people into water zombies. It was good, but I think they could have done more with it. They concenrated on the Dr, trying to come to terms with his quandry of should he or shouldn't he help them, for me.

I stopped watching after the first season, just couldn't hold my interest. Plus the idea of WATER zombies doesn't sound like it would appeal to my inner gore fiend.

Unfortunately, being Dr Who they can't have any gore, because it has to be suitable for kids. But, they were quite menacing, and the zombie make-up was pretty good.
Do you watch Torchwood? There is a fair amount of gore in that on times. I love it, it's was a bloody disgrace that the BBC reduced it to only a 5 parter this season, because of cut backs. Bloody Eastenders and all that crap they should be cutting.
11-16-2009, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2009 08:14 PM by deadandwalking.)
Cymrusaint Wrote:
deadandwalking Wrote:

Unfortunately, being Dr Who they can't have any gore, because it has to be suitable for kids. But, they were quite menacing, and the zombie make-up was pretty good.
Do you watch Torchwood? There is a fair amount of gore in that on times. I love it, it's was a bloody disgrace that the BBC reduced it to only a 5 parter this season, because of cut backs. Bloody Eastenders and all that crap they should be cutting.

I think I may have catched an ep or two of Torchwood (Dr. Who spinoff right?) . Decent, but I have two many shows to keep track of as is. As far as British tv goes I only watch Wire in the Blood and Red Dwarf.
11-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Dr.Who is still out there!!!!!!!!
It was big in the US until the 4th Dr.finished
then it seemed to just drop out of sight.

well nice to know the Dr.goes on I wonder how many
Dr.'s they have had by now.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Old Dwarf Wrote:Dr.Who is still out there!!!!!!!!

OD

That would be Tom Baker, wasn't it? Things are a lot different now. The special effects are pretty good, unlike back then. It's hillarious to watch the old episodes on "Dave" or "Watch". It's amazing how terrified I used to be watching them. My kids just laugh at them. The present Dr. is the 10th and he is going to die at Christmas. The new Dr. looks really young, I think he's only about 26 or something.
11-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I never got into Dr. Who, until the 'redo' With Eccleston (or whatever his name is)....I really liked him as the Dr. and I kind of lost interest after he left. I should try and watch it now and again.

Zalgo....he comes.
11-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Cymrusaint Wrote:

OD

That would be Tom Baker, wasn't it? Things are a lot different now. The special effects are pretty good, unlike back then. It's hillarious to watch the old episodes on "Dave" or "Watch". It's amazing how terrified I used to be watching them. My kids just laugh at them. The present Dr. is the 10th and he is going to die at Christmas. The new Dr. looks really young, I think he's only about 26 or something.

I was never terrified of the show, but rather the intro music. Would creep the f out of me.
11-17-2009, 08:57 PM
supervike Wrote:I never got into Dr. Who, until the 'redo' With Eccleston (or whatever his name is)....I really liked him as the Dr. and I kind of lost interest after he left. I should try and watch it now and again.

Eccleston was a brilliant Dr. The BBC were really pissed when he jacked it in after only 1 series. David Tennant has been really good too, but I think it is the right time for him to go now. It's always exciting when there's a new Dr. It was big news in the UK, you could bet on who it was going to be. The new Dr isn't going to be on our screens until next year, but they announsed who it was going to be at the end of last year.
11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
deadandwalking Wrote:
Cymrusaint Wrote:

OD

I was never terrified of the show, but rather the intro music. Would creep the f out of me.

The Dr Who theme tune has got to be one of the best theme tunes ever, and so recognisable. I bet 99% of people in the UK would recognise it; and I bet a lot of people in the US would recognise it as well.