Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Different items in different buildings?
07-20-2010, 04:32 AM
Different items in different buildings?
I'm still pretty new to this, so forgive me if this idea has been discussed before. One thing immediately sticks out to me about this game: It seems unrealistic to me that no matter what building you are searching, you draw cards from the same deck. If you are playing "Escape in the Truck" for example, you need to find the keys and the some gas. All you need to do is go into ANY building and keep searching until you find them.

It just seems in real life that the truck's keys would be in a particular building, you just wouldn't know which one. Has anyone ever tried simply dividing the hero deck into several piles and placing each pile near the different buildings around the board? Then when you search a building, you pull only from that building's pile. This seems more like real life to me, in that you might have to search several buildings to find something. Also, you can only search someplace so many times before you run out of places to look right?

I haven't tried it yet, so I guess I'm wondering how it would affect the game. Would it increase the difficulty for the hero players a lot? (So far I only have the base game, no expansions, if that makes any difference here.)

Anyone have any thoughts, or tried something like this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2010, 12:30 PM
RE: Different items in different buildings?
This has been discussed a few times and some people say the like doing it and it plays well. I haven't tried it yet, but I don't necessarily see a reason to. If the heroes are hunkering down in the same building, the zombies should be able to get to them (unless, perhaps, it's the airport hanger or the gun store).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply