Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disappointed at Box Insert for 10 Year Anniversary.
12-26-2017, 07:34 PM
Disappointed at Box Insert for 10 Year Anniversary.
Hey all,

So the good frogs made a point in all the interviews about the Ten Year Anniversary Edition of LNoE of explaining that the box is big enough to hold all the products released up to date.

Am I the only one disappointed with the size of the openings in the insert?

The areas for L-boards, Hero Deck, Zombie Deck, and other Decks, are perfectly sufficient. But, the area for Hero Profile and Scenario placards can only fit 48 (maybe 50, very snugly.)

Total Placards: 60. Total Woodinvale Placards: 44. Total Timber Peak Placards: 16.

Total Heroes: 32

Woodinvale Heroes: 24

8 ... Original Heroes from Base Game
4 ... Growing Hunger
4 ... Hero Pack 1
4 ... Hero Pack 2
4 ... Ten Year Anniversary Townsfolk Heroes (Limited)
1 ... DiceFest Old Betsy (Very Limited)

Timber Peak Era Heroes: 8

6 ... Timber Peak
2 ... Blood in the Forest

Total Scenarios: 27

Woodinvale Scenarios: 19

5 ... Original Scenarios from Base Game
3 ... Growing Hunger
4 ... Survival of the Fittest
1 ... Hero Pack 1
1 ... Hero Pack 2
1 ... Ten Year Anniversary Edition (Limited)
4 ... Woodinvale Supplement Scenarios (Stock Up, Revenge of the Dead, Zombie Pillage, Hold the Line)

Timber Peak Era Scenarios: 8

4 ... Timber Peak
3 ... Blood in the Forest
1 ... Timber Peak-Era Supplement Scenarios (Air Strike)

I thought, maybe they didn't intend us to mix TP and BitF into the set? But, the areas for decks and L-boards are very empty without these mixed in, and fit pretty nicely with some room to spare when they are.

I didn't plan to store my set in this box anyway, but I wanted to test out their claim and see what it would look like, so this is just a heads up for anyone thinking of 10YAE and drawn to it due to the box. That's probably not the greatest reason to purchase it.

Of course, if the plastic insert in the box is discarded, and a different system is implemented, there is plenty of space in the actual cardboard box itself to hold everything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2018, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2018 04:18 AM by fallensaviour.)
RE: Disappointed at Box Insert for 10 Year Anniversary.
I just transferred MOST of my stuff to the 10th anniversary box.
Yeah there is NO WAY that it all fits....lol
Not even close to it.
You still need one of the main boxes for putting in the rest of the stuff.
Even if you toss out the insert it is still way too tight.
I’ve gone with the 10th box + the original box,to store all components.
It was an easy choice really because my growing hunger box has corner damage as does my blood in the forest box.
The problem is I still can’t throw out my old boxes....lol
The duplicates I put in my old timber peaks box.
I find the new boards and cards way too dark?
Overall though its pretty decent.
Just not as advertised...
01-19-2018, 02:19 AM
I really like it, I can fit all of my sleeved cards into the box as well as the rest.

To be honest I've taken out the TP duplicates of the original Heroes as well as the "tutorial" missions as I never play them.

Also all of my Graveweapons/SOTF (Survival of the fittest) stuff have been compiled into the SOTF box and the insert removed (if there was one.

That way I've got just enough space for my 4 new heroes from HP2. I hope that helps.
01-19-2018, 03:14 AM
(01-19-2018 02:19 AM)elsarge Wrote:  I really like it, I can fit all of my sleeved cards into the box as well as the rest.

To be honest I've taken out the TP duplicates of the original Heroes as well as the "tutorial" missions as I never play them.

Also all of my Graveweapons/SOTF (Survival of the fittest) stuff have been compiled into the SOTF box and the insert removed (if there was one.

That way I've got just enough space for my 4 new heroes from HP2. I hope that helps.

So what you’re saying essentially is,that it DOESN’T all fit....lol
Yes it requires either a bigger box or one original box for extras.
The claim the frogs make is just simply not true.Is it a deal breaker no ,but it just simply doesn’t fit everything as advertised.
01-19-2018, 09:57 AM
I suppose if we melted down all the miniatures & dice into a dense lump of plastic, took out the insert & put all the cards in unsleeved...