Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Would you be able to discard and redraw?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discarding
09-27-2011, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2011 08:29 PM by Pred.)
Discarding
I am not looking at the cards so please try to see what I'm talking about
through my discriptions. If your the Zombie player and draw the card that
allows you to draw 3 cards but you must discard down to your normal hand
size your next turn.
Example: you have 3 cards, draw that card, now you have 6
Ok say you went through that turn not being able to use any of those six
cards. You would haft to discard 2 of them on your next turn. So on that
turn you discarded 2 (any 2) (to have normal hand size 4) would you be
able to discard AGAIN (to have 3) to draw a new card for this turn?

If this didn't make sense I can try to simplify what I'm asking.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2011, 08:32 PM
RE: Discarding
To the best of my knowledge, yes, you may. Essentially, the card mechanic forces you to discard down to 4 cards as your turn begins, so you still have the opportunity to discard one card during your draw phase.
09-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, you would still be able to do your usual discarding of cards you find not useful in the situation to keep cycling.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2011, 10:52 PM
im not sure if i understand what your talking about. if your a single zombie player you draw 4 cards.if you get ohh the horror draw 3 cards, now you have 7. if you cant play any of those card you may discard 2 before you can draw agian. if you did discard 2 you still have more than 4, so you can not draw more card. if there are 2 zompie players then 2 becomes 5 then 3, still no draw. yes ?

Princess Jacquelyn of Necropois 'Feed me your flesh'
09-28-2011, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2011 02:36 AM by Pred.)
Ok, I played a game earlier and it was the first time this had ever happened, and
I didn't see why you would get to discard 2x. I know you would haft to discard
down, but at the time, I figured that was the down side of that card (being that
if you were unable to use any of the cards, you wouldn't be able to discard twice
to draw a new one on that turn)

Even though the mechanic forces you to discard down to 4, its still a discard,
witch is why I don't think you should be able to discard again to draw a new card.
Because you get 3 whole cards in one turn, on top off a full hand, it would be like
a negative effect if you were unable to use them.

Say you had 7 cards and you were able to use 3. Then you wouldn't be penalized
by the card mechanic to discard, an able to discard freely to draw a new card.

I just don't think you should be allow to discard 2x in one turn, that just doesn't
seem right.

Also discarding is the first thing you do in your turn phase, (before cards are drawn)
and the card doesn't state to discard down to four cards before your turn begins, it
says when your turn begins, making it a discard during your turn.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-28-2011, 02:19 PM
(09-28-2011 02:28 AM)Pred Wrote:  Even though the mechanic forces you to discard down to 4, its still a discard,
witch is why I don't think you should be able to discard again to draw a new card.
Because you get 3 whole cards in one turn, on top off a full hand, it would be like

I just don't think you should be allow to discard 2x in one turn, that just doesn't
seem right.

I agree with this and this is how we have been playing the game.

Aaaand now that I am researching it, I stand corrected. Ha. From the FFP wiki:
"Q. When discarding down to your hand size because you are still over from having used ‘Oh, the Horror!’ cards can you discard an additional card in order to draw at least one, or can you only discard down to your card limit?

A. You may discard down to your hand limit BEFORE the 'Draw New Zombie Cards' phase, and then discard up to one card and draw back up during the phase."

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....rror%21%22
09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
(09-28-2011 02:19 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  
(09-28-2011 02:28 AM)Pred Wrote:  Even though the mechanic forces you to discard down to 4, its still a discard,

seem right.

I agree with this and this is how we have been playing the game.

Aaaand now that I am researching it, I stand corrected. Ha. From the FFP wiki:
"Q. When discarding down to your hand size because you are still over from having used ‘Oh, the Horror!’ cards can you discard an additional card in order to draw at least one, or can you only discard down to your card limit?

A. You may discard down to your hand limit BEFORE the 'Draw New Zombie Cards' phase, and then discard up to one card and draw back up during the phase."

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....rror%21%22

Hi, thankz munkymuddface. Nice go to knowWatchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-28-2011, 03:13 PM
My question about "Oh The Horror" has always been whether "Play at the start of the zombie turn" cards can be used BEFORE discarding down to your hand size, but I have always treated it as if they could not.
09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
(09-28-2011 03:13 PM)thanatos Wrote:  My question about "Oh The Horror" has always been whether "Play at the start of the zombie turn" cards can be used BEFORE discarding down to your hand size, but I have always treated it as if they could not.

My take on that is. If you had Ohh the Horror, having a full hand. You can discard before you move the Sun Dial. Once the sun dial has been moved, it is, The start of the Zombie Turn.

You can not play zombie cards after the Hero turn. If you play cards in your hand, You have started the Zombie turn. Move the sun dail tracker. I think being able to play cards after the hero turn, before the sun dail tracker is moved, is wrong. yes ?

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-28-2011, 05:43 PM
That's why it's a question in my mind, though, because technically, moving the sun dial tracker is the START of the zombie turn, which is when those "Play at the start of the zombie turn" cards are meant to be played.