Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do "Remains in Play" cards count towards card totals?
07-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Do "Remains in Play" cards count towards card totals?
My question concerns the "Remains in Play" cards.

Say a "Taken Over" card remains in play in the zombie hand - does that card count towards the four total cards to be drawn? So, after the card's play, do the zombies only get three cards on the next turn?

The same goes for the Heroes; say, a "Faith" card in a Holy character's hand. Can they then only have up to three other cards?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2009, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2009 08:12 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Do "Remains in Play" cards count towards card totals?
A Remains in Play card is not a card in the zombie's hand. It does not count towards his hand total. The same would be true of hero cards if not for...

Hero players do not have a hand limit. A hero has a limited number of (4) items (and subset of items, weapons (2); some items count double, if they're labeled as "two handed"). However, a hero player has no hand limit with regards to the number of event cards in his hand.

Items: Always revealed and displayed when drawn. Limited. Belong to the hero. (Discarded when hero dies.)
Events: Kept secret in the player's hand until used. No limit. Belong to the player. (Kept when the hero dies and is replaced. Relevant if a player controls multiple heroes.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Hiya bbales!

Sounds like mqstout has got you sorted out.

Just as a side note, we always discard the TAKEN OVER card after use. We figure the taken over token reminds us, and it not longer needs to be on the board.

Zalgo....he comes.
07-16-2009, 05:17 PM
'vike, the problem with that is that the zombie deck has a few cards that reshuffle used cards back into the deck. If you don't keep those Remains in Play cards out, but discard them -- they could be shuffled back in. Soon, your heroes will have no buildings left to explore. How evil of you.
07-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey thanks, all!

This is great.

This game is quickly getting under my skin, so it's great to know that so many are such big fans!

Cheers, and you'll be hearing more from me soon!
Find all posts by this user