Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Does Timber Peak seem worth it? and Concerns on the L-shaped Boards
01-04-2013, 06:08 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it?
Hm. That does seem distracting. Have you contacted Flying Frog about this?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 06:40 AM
(01-04-2013 06:08 AM)Rullys Wrote:  Hm. That does seem distracting. Have you contacted Flying Frog about this?

I have numerous times and they just give the same "copy/paste" response when it comes to quality control issues.

This is one response I recieved when asking about the color variation between the tiles from the base set, IFOS and timber peak:

Quote:We understand your concern about color variation in regards to the boards. As gamers, ourselves, this always bothered us when playing our favorite games and having boards not match. We've made it a priority with our manufacturer in China. However, we've come to realize that there are always color variations in printing that cannot be helped

One of the question I asked that didn't get answered was weather or not they would reprint the original boards to match the darker look of the newer releases.

This is the response FFP gave one customer when writing about the huge problems with "The Coast" expansion for ATOE:

Quote:We understand your concern about color variation in card backs. As gamers, ourselves, this always bothered us when playing our favorite games and having cards not match. We've made it a priority with our manufacturer in China. However, we've come to realize that there are always color variations in printing that cannot be helped. The variation shown in your photos is within the range of variation that we get in the printing process. I'm sorry for the difference in tint that you're seeing. Card replacements would also have similar variations.

I don't know if FFP is locked into some crappy contract with their printing company in china or what but eventually they will need to get these sort of issues taken care of.
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 02:40 PM
It doesnt seem to be a problem in color variation in printing it seems to be a problem in that the design changes every expansion. I guess we will see when Blood in the Forest comes out if it matches Timber Peak or the other sets.
Find all posts by this user