Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Funny zombie moments
03-19-2011, 04:57 PM
RE: Funny zombie moments
Another custom character-driven moment comes to mind. We were playing Defend the Manor House, and one of the characters used was my custom 'Elvira' character. One of her abilities is something called 'Fleshbags,' which basically means that zombie hunger kicks in from 2 spaces away for her, (hey, YOU'D notice her coming from far away too!) So we have 3 heroes fighting for their lives inside the house, and Elvira running around outside, flirting with all the zombies through the windows. "Come and get 'em boys!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Defending the Manor: Johnny and Sally are left inside, the Sherrif goes out to fight off the incoming horde and Becky makes a run for the gun shop. The Sherrif gets suddenly mobbed and dies. Zombies crash in on Sally who luckily spends her time dodging and ducking under furniture. Johnny is holdng the windows, but they break in, surrounding him! THEN Becky pokes the shotgun through the window and blows all the zombies around Johnny to pulp! And runs out of ammo! "Damnit, Becky! thanks, but you gotta grab more than two shells! Go back!"

She turns around to head out, Johnny runs into the next room and meets Sally running from her horde....and then "Last Night On Earth" gets played! The Zombies are unopposed, close in and fill up the Manor...fade to black...."I always loved you...."

03-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Burn 'Em Out: Playing a three player game, my buddy playing the Zombies, his wife and I the Heroes. With only a handful of turns remaining, the ZP decided it was time for ice cream, so we each decided to have a bowl. This game was coming down to the wire: the Heroes had destroyed 2 pits, but also had 3 deaths and time was running out.

Heavy Rain was in play. My character was stuck on the south side of town near the Hospital, where we had already blown up a pit. I was effectively out of the game at this point as there were no zombies near me, and I did not roll higher than a 2 for movement the rest of the game. My partners character was on the north side, between the Barn and the Grocery Store, and she had explosives. She was also surrounded by the horde of zombies. She decided to make a run at the pit in the Grocery store, as there were fewer zombies there, but got stuck outside due to a locked door. The zombies were not able to close in and attack, but they were able to block her paths to either pit, making it impossible to get to them without stopping to fight. It looked bleak, but I saw a zig-zagging path through the zed mob to the pit by the gym. I didn't say anything because I didn't want the ZP to place a zombie in any of the key spaces. I could just sit there, eat my ice cream, and hope that she also saw the path AND rolls a 6 movement. The next Hero turn, she rolls for movement and hits the 6. Two turns later the Heroes were victorious.

And I could breathe again. And that is when the headache hit me. I looked down at my empty bowl, realization slowly creeping in as to what happened. I was so into the game that I was stess eating my ice cream. I annihilated it, and gave myself a cold headache.
04-11-2011, 09:45 PM
So, not sure if this is really funny or not, but we played Burn em' Out last night. I kid you not, I only seemed to roll 6's (I was the ZP) I killed off 2 heroes in the first 4 turns.
They were so pissed they just gave up.
04-12-2011, 06:12 AM
(04-11-2011 09:45 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  So, not sure if this is really funny or not, but we played Burn em' Out last night. I kid you not, I only seemed to roll 6's (I was the ZP) I killed off 2 heroes in the first 4 turns.
They were so pissed they just gave up.

I did this to my wife once, playing the same scenario oddly enough. The hilarity of the events of that evening is still an open topic of discussion in our house.
04-15-2011, 06:40 PM
So, I played a few games a few days ago, but one of my peeps played as the zombies. He wanted to kill me so bad, 8 zombies had me pinned in a house and all I had was a little stick of dynamite. They swarmed and over overwhelmed me, and thats when I threw down "I'll see you in hell!"
BOOM! 8 zombies = zombie puree
04-19-2011, 02:28 PM
There were two This could be LNOE moments in one of my games both included the sheriff and both women were killed by zombies immediately after. He is a male black widow!
04-30-2011, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2011 01:04 PM by ForestRunner.)
Three player game of BURN 'EM OUT last night... I'm the Zombie Player, and the cast was Sheriff Anderson, Jake Cartwright, Victor and Stacy. It's the last turn of a titanic game, with two pits destoyed.

Sheriff Anderson, no wounds with Laying Down The Law on him. He'd been a thorn all game. He has a Lighter and Dynamite and ready to blow the final pit. He occupies the same pit as Stacy, who'd been using her Reckless ability to good effect, and has one wound. The nearest zombie is two spaces away.

The Hero Players breathe easy knowing both This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth cards have gone (one discard / one used). The Bickering card has also been played... and confident the Sheriff can't be taken out. The Hero Players must win!!...

Myself, one card in hand... discards it for the a full hand... a magic hand at that.

1. It starts with Oh the Horror (extra cards!) and a Surprise Attack... one zombie into the space.

2. Growing Hunger as one of the extra cards - bonus fight dice.

3. Shamble and Dragging Meat... extra movements now for a total of three zombies into the space.

4. Players "pair off" so Sally has two zombies with the possibility she will be sacrificed in the Hero "win"...

5. Fighting Instincts on the zombie the Sheriff is facing off against... to pull out the Chainsaw from the Players discard deck. At this point the Hero players are alarmed...

6. Uuuuurrrggghh! on of the zombies Sally is facing.

Result is both Heroes irrevocably slain... and the Zombies steal it!!

Not sure what the funniest moment was for the Hero Players...
1. The panic on their faces when I plucked out the chainsaw.
2. The incredulous looks on their faces after the fights.
3. In unison "you gotta be f...... kiddin' me!"

Shit, I love this game!

PS Apologies for the long post!!

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
01-08-2013, 04:32 PM
We were playing plague carriers with a couple of friends that dont like the game that much. They had to kill the last zombie, that was in the barn surrounded by zombies.
As the most experienced player, i usually help the heroes when it comes to critical situations, trying to keep them interested.
I explained how they could lure the zombies in on space then use fire extinguisher to move them and get 8 zombies in one space, away from heroes, and then finish them off with a dynamite. So they do that, and when she tosses the 8 dice she manages to roll 6 1´s. [/align]
01-08-2013, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 10:45 PM by ForestRunner.)
(01-08-2013 04:32 PM)colorado_13 Wrote:  I explained how they could lure the zombies in on space then use fire extinguisher to move them and get 8 zombies in one space, away from heroes, and then finish them off with a dynamite. So they do that, and when she tosses the 8 dice she manages to roll 6 1´s.

That's where you shoulda screamed "YAHTZEE!!"

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...