Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Does Timber Peak seem worth it? and Concerns on the L-shaped Boards
11-01-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it?
(10-31-2012 08:47 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I'm pretty much using the same plan. I plan to basically keep them as separate games, but sometimes use elements from one in the other. I think this is one quick and easy way to keep things from getting too complicated. For example, to keep the deck sizes from getting TOO big.

Cards can easily be sorted out with deck holders. I use Ultra-Pro's personally.

My main reason for keeping TP seperate is I feel it is differently themed. That's just me I think. I've RPG'ed since my teen years and visualise very strongly. So to me the atmosphere of Woodinvale vs Timber Peak is very different.

My secondary reasons are around the Woodinvale survivors and the different "aggression" factor of the "two games."

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Ive elected to keep the two seperate...like a sequal. Ive divided the other expansions (sotf...gh...hp...and the online store card sets) into the two and kept both decks managable. The characters from Woodinvale can be played in Timber Peaks...except for the three survivors which use thier TP cards..but the TP heroes should only be played in TP.

11-01-2012, 07:12 PM
(11-01-2012 01:07 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  The characters from Woodinvale can be played in Timber Peaks...but the TP heroes should only be played in TP.

Thanks, that's useful to know.
11-01-2012, 08:46 PM
(11-01-2012 01:07 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  Ive elected to keep the two seperate...like a sequal. Ive divided the other expansions (sotf...gh...hp...and the online store card sets) into the two and kept both decks managable. The characters from Woodinvale can be played in Timber Peaks...except for the three survivors which use thier TP cards..but the TP heroes should only be played in TP.

This is very much how I feel. I like the way you said that, Timber Peak is like the sequel to Last Night On Earth. That is very much so how I think about it.

I also agree with you that the LNOE characters can be brought into TP, but the new TP characters (and, of course, survivor versions of the three original characters) should not be used in LNOE.

Though, everybody else reading this certainly shouldn't take that as an actual rule. That was just Pfr Fate's suggestion, and also mine. If you so desire, you could certainly use TP characters in LNOE. It is just my personal preference to treat them as sequel characters.
11-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Which heroes are dead?
11-01-2012, 11:19 PM
(11-01-2012 11:14 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Which heroes are dead?

Bokya started a thread discussing that here:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...l-Spoilers
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Oh nice thanks
11-02-2012, 08:01 PM
As far as whether certain charactes are dead or not, there are definitely hints within the original game (characters appearing as zombies on certain cards, etc.), but I don't think there are necessarily any legitimate, in cannon answers. I am sure they intentionally left this ambiguous, and left it kind of up to us fans to discuss. The reason for that would likely be so you can choose to assume your favorites lived if you so desire, and thereby still have the option to use them in Timber Peak.

Think of it like this... As you play the game more and more, characters are going to die sometimes you play and live others. For example, say you play a bunch with Father Joseph. Sometimes he will die, sometimes he will live. You can change his story every time you play. So, I wouldn't necessarily say that him being a zombie in one of the cards means he probably died.

That said, it is definitely a lot of fun to speculate, and play detective. ;-)
11-03-2012, 05:23 AM
We all decided to play Timber Peak by itself with the 4 scenarios that come with it, plus the Halloween one on the FFG website. Once all the scenarios are played....we are going to mix in the original sets.
11-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I haven't played it yet - mostly because I don't get a lot of time nowadays - but the way I understand it is that it can be played on its own as a 'refined' version of LNOE - therefore making it perfect for a group that aren't so bothered by all the add-ons.