Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Does Timber Peak seem worth it? and Concerns on the L-shaped Boards
11-14-2012, 08:45 PM
RE: Does Timber Peak seem worth it?
Exactly. That is very much how I look at Timber Peak. The next chapter in the story.

I also definitely have to agree. TP upped the ferocity just a bit on both sides. ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 06:26 AM
I had played the original game several times, but I bought Timber Peak for myself to use as a standalone, and I think it works really well. Narrative-wise, I like the notion of the "next chapter" as other have alluded to in this thread, but I also think it's just a really solid game. It takes what was good about LNoE and amps it up with some fun new elements like experience and fire. The fire rules took a fair bit of reading and re-reading to really get the hang of (particularly regarding the Heroes starting and/or using them to light explosives), but otherwise it's a sleek rules updates.

I'd also put in a big thumbs up for the board and for the scenarios. TP features a lot of interesting buildings - and almost every building has a Pick-Up, which is something I don't remember being the case with LNoE (though I may be wrong). Additionally, the scenarios are a lot of fun. I enjoyed the 'introduction' scenario Learn to Survive a lot more than the original intro scenario Die, Zombies, Die, and the other three are all a lot of fun too.

So I'd wholeheartedly recommend it - whether you have the original or not.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
How do the game boards in Timber Peak compare/match the original ones?
01-03-2013, 06:01 PM
They do not match exactly to the first LNOE but do match closely to the grass on the boards in growing hunger...I can't tell/don't mind the difference. There are also some duplicate buildings I think there is a duplicate police station and duplicate hospital.
01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
(01-03-2013 06:01 PM)alderdust Wrote:  They do not match exactly to the first LNOE but do match closely to the grass on the boards in growing hunger...I can't tell/don't mind the difference. There are also some duplicate buildings I think there is a duplicate police station and duplicate hospital.

I have the first printing, maybe I should buy replacement boards from FFP. wish they sold the growing hunger ones. Mine don't appear to have the same gloss as what I've seen from Timber Peak and compared to my copy of IFOS boards.
01-03-2013, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 11:08 PM by alderdust.)
I can try to post a couple picks comparing them tonight or tomorrow morning
It's just the grass is a different shade of green and the texture looks different
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
(01-03-2013 11:08 PM)alderdust Wrote:  I can try to post a couple picks comparing them tonight or tomorrow morning
It's just the grass is a different shade of green and the texture looks different

That would be great. Do you know what printing of the base game you have?
01-03-2013, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 12:02 AM by alderdust.)
Not sure ill check when I get home in like an hour
Here are some photos i didnt realize 1 is blurry but you can get the idea. I am unsure of the edition I have though i would assume its one of the latest ones since im newish to the game. There is a color difference between all 3 sets. I did not seem to notice a difference in glossiness though. I used the Timber Peak board which includes the duplicate hospital so you can see the difference.

Here is all 3 L shaped Boards: Growing Hunger is bottom Left, LNoE is bottom right and top L shape is Timber Peak.

[Image: 24kw8eu.jpg]

Here is Growing hunger on left vs LNOE on right:

[Image: 28vva6p.jpg]

Here is Timber peak on left and Growing hunger on right:

[Image: 2yxhcpd.jpg]

Here is Timber Peak on the Left and LNoE on the right:

[Image: 30kyosn.jpg]

I hope this helps. It seems Timber Peak is considerably darker than both the others.
01-04-2013, 01:44 AM
The contrast definitely is darker, are the Timber Peak boards glossier as well? They look a lot more like the ones from IFOS than the original game, what a shame.
01-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Maybe a tad bit glossier but not much