Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Doesn't look good.
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Doesn't look good.
Has anyone played this game yet?

It doesn't look good...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
RE: Doesn't look good.
Several people have posted, talking about their experiences playing the game. You may think it doesn't look good, but I can tell you I had a blast playing it. I think it outshines LNOE for me, though not by much. (And Touch of Evil remains my favorite.)
10-25-2010, 03:06 PM
IFOS is great fun. It's just been hard to get time to play since it came out. It's a busy month for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
(10-25-2010 02:01 PM)Emrick09 Wrote:  Has anyone played this game yet?

It doesn't look good...

Enjoying it a bit more than LNOE so far. But it could be the "new game effect."

But even if I were to judge this game by its cover, I'd say it looks pretty damn good. Watchmen02
10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I love the look and feel. The gameplay is what seems... SLIGHTLY off. Not much but zombies still holds closer in my eyes. I think it's the fact that you can't filter martian decks as fast as zombies.
10-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Orguss: You can, but then you don't have your command points to do other things.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Right. I'm sure balance was tested to prevent, but think of it this way:

Zombie has 4/2each. You play one, you discard one. You filtered two cards. You draw to full. You can rush through a deck. A martian draws a tech that costs 5. Dead card right now. He wastes a command point to draw. It's another tech. He effectively lost his turn.

That's only with one player. With two players zombies get voracious with cards.
10-31-2010, 12:10 AM
I've actually enjoyed the game the few times I've gotten to play it since I got my copy.

The Command Center and the nature of Martian Packs/Ray Blasts gives the Martian Player tactical options and strategies that you don't get with LNOE. Just the ability to move spawning points to get Martians closer to where they need to be when they come out is exciting.
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
IFoS is a great game. I'd say, compared to vanilla LNoE, it's better, especially for the Martian player. I wouldn't worry too much about not burning through the deck, there's plenty of ways to get more cards more often and you'll not spend many turns not making things difficult for the heroes.

We've had many and varied hilarious moments too. My favourite was the bearded lady circling the Super Zard Beast on a unicycle, waving a match at it so that everyone else could pummel it with their various weapons. Made I laugh Zombie17
02-06-2011, 10:56 AM
(10-29-2010 10:04 PM)Orguss Wrote:  Right. I'm sure balance was tested to prevent, but think of it this way:

Zombie has 4/2each. You play one, you discard one. You filtered two cards. You draw to full. You can rush through a deck. A martian draws a tech that costs 5. Dead card right now. He wastes a command point to draw. It's another tech. He effectively lost his turn.

That's only with one player. With two players zombies get voracious with cards.

Funny, but when I've played it with my family (almost a dozen times now), I get frustrated by the amount of cards the stinkin' Martians go through, compared to the Heroes! I also think your evaluation is incorrect. If a Martian player draws a tech card and decides to start building it, that card no longer counts as being in the hand. Also, the Martian player may only draw two cards per turn, but their hand total is 6/3, not 4/2 like LNOE, and they have the possibility to increase the hand total to 8/4. This allows them to retain those killer cards that they would have had to discard due to a lower hand count total.