Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Doesn't look good.
02-07-2011, 08:58 AM
RE: Doesn't look good.
I need to check this game up a litle more, im litle sceptic about the martial invasion theme, it just not appeals to me.
But i love LNOE and this looks pretty much the same, maybe just stick with LNOE?
Can these 2 games be combined to eachother? I mean the L-maps and Heroes and such?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Yes, this game is compatible with LNOE. The martians and heroes play a little differently, but it was built on the same game engine, so they can be combined. There are rules in the IFOS book for playing zombies at the carnival, martians in Woodenvale, and one big three way fight for survival.

I have IFOS, but havent gotten time to get my first game in yet...
02-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Ahh Sweet! Didnt know that, well then i should order IFOS pretty soon then i guess, thx for the answer ;-)

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
02-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Why does everything I love have to come out when I have no money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Insane16
02-11-2011, 01:53 AM
(02-07-2011 05:33 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  Yes, this game is compatible with LNOE. The martians and heroes play a little differently, but it was built on the same game engine, so they can be combined. There are rules in the IFOS book for playing zombies at the carnival, martians in Woodenvale, and one big three way fight for survival.

I have IFOS, but havent gotten time to get my first game in yet...

There's another fan-based scenario "I Found the Weakness" that makes an even bigger board. Earth Overrun uses one game's center board and all six L-boards; "IFtW" uses both games' center board and 4 L-boards each, with the "road into town" and "road outta town" segments touching. You could have up to 12 players crowded around the game (2 zombie players, 2 martian players, 4 hero players for Woodinvale & 4 hero players for the carnival!) The object there is for a specific hero from each side (and one only) being allowed to cross the border between the two game boards, carrying two specific items to the center of the other side's board (although only one at a time) and spending their turn there to edumacate the other side's players on how to use that item to defeat their enemy.

For the sake of space around the gameboard, I think the scenario suggests that each human player controls a minimum of 2 Heroes, so you're down to 8 players max.
02-16-2011, 05:21 AM
yes love this game, cant wait to play it with LNOE

This letter is just to inform everyone about the recent movement of equipment that has happened during the precinct's rearrangement.The safe with four digit lock has been moved from the S.T.A.R.S. office on the second floor, to the eastern office on the first floor.
"2236"
Raccoon Police Liaison Dept.
02-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Ultimately, there is no comparison. LNOE is better. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean it is a bad game. On the contrary. It is fantastic; especially the EARTH OVERRUN scenario. Currently, it is the only thing our gmae night group will play. Zombies, Carnies, Martians, explosion, cannons, raging fires, giant alien beasts : does it get any better?