Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Don't click that Mouse!
09-24-2021, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2021 10:46 AM by Old Dwarf.)
Don't click that Mouse!
CRAP-I screwed up Zombie18Zombie18

As Fall has started I decided to go Lovecraft Mythos Gaming &
pulled out Cthulhu:Death May Die.Last year I had written up
some extensive background fluff for Season 1/Epsiode 3 Danse Macabre.
But I based it on my home brew rules for the GOO Tsathoggua.
(I have Cthulhu Wars which I don't like it's Game Play but all those
figs just are too good to ignore so I converted them to Cthulhu:
Death May Die)My generated lead Investigator was from Germany so
my Fluff included an actual German City & hotel by a Lake of the 20-30's
period it even had Rudolf Hess & the Thule Society. Alas after typing
it up I never played the Game.

So I decided now was the time,I was just adding to the starting Fluff
when I deleting a spelling error before going to dinner.When I came back
I could not find my Thread Zombie23 somehow I had deleted the whole
thing.Worst yet I must have thrown my original notes away so I'm having
to track down the German City/hotel /Lake from 1920 from scratch.

At least I have the Game set Up but as I want to do a Session Report
I'll need to type up new background Fluff before starting.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2021, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2021 03:56 PM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: Don't click that Mouse!
Here's the new Session Intro Fluff:

Wilmarth Foundation-Restricted
Senior Fellows only

File # 02 Lindau/Germany/2/1/1920

I.Incident- The Foundation has received correspondence from Margarethe Richter,a former Field Agent
who resigned 4 years ago to take the position of Head Chef at the Hotel Bayerischer Hof on the shore of the Bodensee.
She writes that as part of her duties as Head Chef she met with a Rudolf Hess from the Thule-Gesellschaft concerning
arrangements for a Charity Event "Exotic Animals from the Orient" it was to be a masked ball to raise monies for
disabled German war veterans.

She states that the Thule-Gesellschaft has a rather sinister reputation & her suspicions were aroused when
Hess told her the Hotel only needed to supply hors d'oeuvres & Servers. The Thule-Gesellschaft would provide
the band & the bar staff.Thus when Mr.Hess excused himself to go to the rest room & left his brief case
she looked into its contents. Besides some Anti-Semitic propaganda she found pages from the Parchments of Pnom
with references to rituals related the Great Old One Tsthoggua & sheet music for Wecken Sie den Schläfer (Awaken the Sleeper).

She is of the opinion that the Thule-Gesellschaft is somehow using the Charity Event as part of a ritual to summons Tsathoggua
& request the Foundations help to investigate the matter.

II. Foundations Actions-It is felt that the evidence presented is insufficient but beings Margarethe Richter is a former Field
Agent we will defer to her judgement of the situation & provide assistance. As she states this Charity Event is scheduled
for Feb.26 we must act quickly & will dispatch our closet Investigator Elizabeth Ives from London. We also note that
if this an attempt to raise Tsathougga It may well cause hostile action from the Voomis & Miss Richter must be made aware
contact with them should be avoided as we know almost nothing about them.

III: Psychological Evaluation:

Margarethe Richter-Kelptomania

Elizabeth Ives-Obsessive Disorder

________________________________________________________________________________​_____

21/2/1920,Lindau Hauptbahnafolf Train Station

Elizbeth ,Elizabeth Ives over here! ...I hope you had a good trip,if you don't mind lets walk back to the Hotel
its not that far & I can update you on the way.Frankly this may all be my overreaction I guess the Foundation
filled you in on my suspicions but it's mainly just my instincts .

Well Margarethe I think your instincts are right,the London Library has a copy of the Parchments of Pnom & was
able to research this Wecken Sie den Schläfer Ritual. It requires a frenzy of activity to generate the required
energy to summons & this dancing at the event would generate that energy. In addition it also requires the presence
of 4 sorcerers to mingle among the energy generators to focus the effect. So I think if we can find &
isolate these sorcerers we can disrupt the summons.

Elizabeth your brilliant & guess what the Hotel is right on the Waterfront it would be the perfect place to get the
sorcerers out of the way.No one else will be out there in the middle of Winter.I'll arrange for us to be on
the serving staff for the event that way we can hunt down the sorcerers & hustle them out to the Waterfront.

One question Margarethe, won't I stand out & it's not a good idea for me to draw attention to myself?

Not to worry Elizabeth the Hotel employees several women from out former colony of S.W.Africa,I'll make sure
they are included in the Server Staff for the Event.

26/2/1920- Hotel Bayerischer Hof -8:56 PM:

Well Margarethe ,things are in full swing look at those dancers how do they keep going? They
look like their going to collapse any minute.

Elizabeth I think those drinks the bar tenders are giving us to serve are drugged & that
damned Wecken Sie den Schläfer music the band is playing is creating a Hypnotic state I can feel it
even though I'm not drinking. Oddly enough those exotic animals seem calm even with all this racket.

I think your right Margarethe,I have to concentrate to keep my mind clear so how do we do this?
I can't tell the Sorcerers from the dancers but members of the Thule-Gesellschaft are dressed in Cult
Robes so at least we can identify them.

Well Elizabeth the ushers informed me that besides the cultist & animals there are some really odd
looking people in some of the back rooms. They say they have a fishy smell about them.Anyway we best
get going ,interrupt the dancers if their just normal let them be .If their Sorcerers we'll be able to
start moving them towards the Waterfront.At some point I expect the Thule-Gesellschaft members to try
& stop us & we'll have to fight.

OK Margarethe ,lets get this done before the damn music drives me crazy.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply