Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dont they have people to check on this stuff ???
04-11-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Dont they have people to check on this stuff ???
I am usually the person that notices when they use the wrong prop or sound effect, it drives my wife nuts. The best example from the Walking Dead is the very first episode of the first season. When all the cops are waiting at the barracked for the high speed chase, Rick talks to a new officer and tells him to take the safety off his handgun, then the guy looks at his gun and pushes at it. The problem is that the guy has a GLOCK, no GLOCK is manufactured with a safety. So it could not have been on safe. The other one that I notice all the time is the cocking sound they love to put in every time someone points a gun at a survivor, the problem is that most of the time the gun does not have a hammer so there is nothing to cock.
At least they don’t have the actors rack the shotgun every time the enter a room. That one really drives me up the wall.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Sound effects issues? I notice all the time.

I hear this one sound effect EVERYWHERE in video games, movies, tv shows...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wkc4uCaLpw
The "dragon roar" around 3:47. Not always used as a dragon roar, mind you...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2013, 11:24 PM
That is a classic sound effect. I always like the Wilhelm and Goofy(about 18 secs in) Screams they seem to slip in to movies and tv shows for no reason at all.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
04-12-2013, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 12:41 AM by friskers96.)
About as good as the General Lee squealing the tires in the dirt...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
04-12-2013, 07:27 PM
You ever notice the common sound-effects that seem to pop-up all the time. In general, you wouldn't notice anything about it, until you realize that it is exactly the same. I can't think of exact examples, but I have heard them all the time. Like, there is one cop radio noise type thing. I can't remember what they say because it is code talk, but it is always the same woman saying the exact same thing. It was even on this old electronic game my family had a long time ago which was a matching game, but with sound effects.
04-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Damn video didn't work... Insane19. Awhile back there was a picture with Al Bundy holding a newspaper, years later he's on Modern Family I think and he's holding the exact same newspaper... Guess that's how studios cut costs..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...