Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One Fight Card per Fight
07-03-2012, 10:50 PM
One Fight Card per Fight
The rulebook specifies a fight as the time between when the dice are cast and when the actual fight is resolved after everyone's managed to use all their cards.

But what if a hero fights two zombies? Is that one or two fights? If so, can the zombies use one card per fight?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2012, 11:35 PM
RE: One Fight Card per Fight
Each zombie gets one event card that says Fight: on it. Each one is its own distinct fight (which also applies for certain "not during a fight" healing items that can be used between each).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2012, 12:00 AM
If so,

Are there ANY benefits to playing 2 zombie players rather than 1?

I had always imagined that this was the only thing that set the gameplay apart from 1 to 2 zombie players - being allowed to cast multiple fight cards.
07-04-2012, 03:12 AM
(07-04-2012 12:00 AM)EvilNed Wrote:  If so,

I had always imagined that this was the only thing that set the gameplay apart from 1 to 2 zombie players - being allowed to cast multiple fight cards.

I don't see any advantage to playing with 1 zombie player vs. 2 players, or any disadvantage for that matter as far as gameplay goes. The only advantage I can see to having two zombie players are "two heads are better than one" sometimes (that is, you can put two minds to solving the problem of munching on heroes) and the only disadvantage to 2 zombie players would be if the players could not agree on strategy and so the zombie team would not be efficient.

Just to be clear on your original question, every time a hero fights a zombie (that is, one little plastic zombie), it is a "fight" and the zombie player can use 1 fight card. If the hero is unfortunate enough to have to fight 2, 3, or more zombies during one turn, the zombie player can play 1 fight card for each zombie during their individual fights. That is my understanding so please veteran players correct me if I'm wrong.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
07-04-2012, 05:15 AM

I think having 2 ZPs sort of diminishes the role of each. The only advantage I see is that the zeds get to ignore the overall rule of even distribution on spawning pits (the rule now only applies to ones own) which could be an advantage now and then.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
07-04-2012, 05:41 PM
(07-04-2012 03:12 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  

I don't see any advantage to playing with 1 zombie player vs. 2 players, or any disadvantage for that matter as far as gameplay goes. The only advantage I can see to having two zombie players are "two heads are better than one" sometimes (that is, you can put two minds to solving the problem of munching on heroes) and the only disadvantage to 2 zombie players would be if the players could not agree on strategy and so the zombie team would not be efficient.

Just to be clear on your original question, every time a hero fights a zombie (that is, one little plastic zombie), it is a "fight" and the zombie player can use 1 fight card. If the hero is unfortunate enough to have to fight 2, 3, or more zombies during one turn, the zombie player can play 1 fight card for each zombie during their individual fights. That is my understanding so please veteran players correct me if I'm wrong.

That's exactly my understanding. But there is one Zombie card which waves this rule. Can't remember if it's a Remains In Play or not though.
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM
The card is Desperate for flesh if i recall correctly

it eliminates the zombie fight card limit
and yes it remains in play.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
mmm, it seems I was playing the fight card wrongly all along. I assumed that the Zombies in general could use only one fight card per turn! Tks guys!
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I would have to concur with what most seemed to be saying here. One fight means just that... one fight. So, zombies can only use one card per fight.

In other words, if one heroe is fighting two zombies, zombie A can use one card. Then the next fight starts and zombie B can use one card. If one heroe is fighting three zombies... well, you get the idea. ;-)
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Fortunately the rulebook is pretty clear on this very matter once you find the hidden passages:

Definition of a fight (pp. 24):
A single hand-to-hand combat between a Hero and a Zombie.

Using Zombie Fight: cards (pp. 14):
A Zombie may NOT use more than one Fight: card per fight. Therefore the Zombie is allowed to use ONE Fight: card per fight.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"