Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
If you have never checked out "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," you owe it to yourself to give it a try! Personally, I absolutely LOVE it! I saw it on the Instant Netflix a while ago.

I have always been a big fan of Neil Patrick Harris since he was Doogie Howser MD. (I LOVED that show as a kid and still do now.) So, it looked like it was worth giving a try. I sort of forgot it was even on my queue.

Then, several months ago (probably sometime late in 2012, if I recall), I finally decided to give it a try. It was awesome!

Basically, the premise is the main character is Billy, a.k.a. Dr. Horrible. He is an aspiring master criminal/super villain. He has his own Internet video blog (vlog). A lot of the story is told through that, but there is also more to it than just that. We also see the rest of the story as well. Meanwhile, while trying to complete all his evil deeds, and trying to get into "The Evil League of Evil," he also has a big crush on a girl he sees at his laundromat. But, he can't get up the nerve to talk to her. Kind of funny when you think about it. This evil super villain, yet he is too shy to talk to a girl. LOL!

Oh... it also happens to be a musical. ;-) I personally like musicals (well, certain musicals), but I get that they are not everybody's thing. If you are a fan of the TV show "How I Met Your Mother" where he plays Barney, then you would probably like this.

It also has Felicia Day, who is just freaking awesome! She plays Penny, the love interest.

Anyways, just thought I would put that out there. Anybody else seen this yet? If not, I highly recommend it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
It was a riot! I thought Fillion was awesome in it as well. I heard it as supposed to air on TV as a special but have heard nothing since.
02-27-2013, 10:12 PM
I caught it on tv by chance and couldn't stop watching it. Great stuff!

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2013, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 03:02 AM by jimbal.)
Dr horrible....is amazing NPH 4 life
02-28-2013, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 10:45 PM by mqstout.)
++++++++++++ Joss Whedon
- NPH
- Musical
-------------- Felicia Day.

It was a big flop for me.

Get off my lawn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Glad to see some of you enjoyed it! I absolutely loved it. I've watched it a couple more times already since then, and pull up one of the songs on YouTube for a listen from time to time.

Mqstout,

I can certainly understand that. Like I said, not for everybody. Though, if you don't like Neil Patrick Harris, musicals, or Felicia Day, I can't see why you'd have bothered to try it. LOL!

And, for the record, I do not see how anybody could not LOVE Felicia Day. ;-)
04-22-2013, 08:49 PM
This was one of my roommate's obsession's in college...anytime a party was winding down and there were just a few of us left over, he'd always turn on netflix and put it on. I now instinctively sing "laundry day" anytime I'm doing laundry...

Underthings...tumbling...
04-22-2013, 09:56 PM
In my opinion, anything with nph in it, is instant success. (Yeah, well, ok. Maybe starship trooper sucked, but think of it without Nph and what an eyeturd it would have been then Watchmen02)

DHSAB is unique in so many ways. Apart from its premise, the way it was written and why sets a good standard for how webstuff should be made. A great cast and catchy music. My only problem with it is, that it is too short.

If you havnt seen it yet, go do it. Now. The doctor commands it Watchmen02
04-23-2013, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 10:19 AM by themanfromsaturn.)
(02-28-2013 08:13 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  And, for the record, I do not see how anybody could not LOVE Felicia Day. ;-)

I don't think she's anything special. she isn't especially funny, or unusually pretty, or remarkably talented. I don't get what makes her some kind of defacto 'geek goddess'.

On related note, I find Wil Wheaton's alleged 'nerd appeal' rather puzzling as well. Just because they are interested in games doesn't make these people automatically interesting to gamers.

NPH, on the other hand, is just damned awesome. Sing, dance, act, comedy, is there anything he can't do?
04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
(04-23-2013 06:34 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  I don't think she's anything special. she isn't especially funny, or unusually pretty, or remarkably talented. I don't get what makes her some kind of defacto 'geek goddess'.

I think it is the whole Zooey Deschanel thing, quirky, kind of cute girl next door thing going on. I do recall watching her in the LNOE tabletop and I could see her getting a bit annoying when she wouldn't attack the survivors with the zombie in the med center.

(04-23-2013 06:34 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  On related note, I find Wil Wheaton's alleged 'nerd appeal' rather puzzling as well. Just because they are interested in games doesn't make these people automatically interesting to gamers.

For some its Wesley Crusher, for others like myself, Gordie LaChance. I identified with his character when I was a kid. Stand by Me came out right about the time I was Gordie's age so the association was doubly strong. So when I heard he was a gamer IRL and not a Joey Trotta, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.