Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meteor Swarm Scenario
08-28-2010, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2010 05:18 AM by Orguss.)
Meteor Swarm Scenario
I don't know the standard format, so I'll just write the basics. I figured to try to make a scenario hunt version where staying in a building may damn well kill you.

Meteor Swarm Scenario
Turns: 15

Zombies: One grave weapon each, Automatic Zombie Heroes, Zombies don't auto-spawn as normal (Read Special 1)
Humans: Hero Card 1, Auto-respawn

For this scenario, place the truck in the center of town.
Scenario Search items, Keys/Gasoline.

Special 1: Zombies may only spawn from a meteor or a zombie card. They can not spawn from the zombie spawn phase of the turn.

Rule 1: At the beginning of the game, roll a random building. Then place the meteor token in that building. That building is not taken over (You may use a taken over token to keep track of the buildings destroyed), yet for the rest of the game it is no longer there, hero players may not enter, move through, search, etc. Then place 2d6 zombies in that building. Place your grave weapon. Then all Humans start in a different random building.

Rule 2: At the beginning of the turn when a meteor hits, roll a d3, in that many rounds another meteor hits another random building. If a cratered building is rolled, reroll. All heroes and zombies in that building are instantly killed. If a hero is killed by a meteor, they do not become a zombie hero. Every time a meteor hits, roll 2d6 and spawn that many zombies in that building. Zombies may ONLY spawn from a crater.

Rule 3: If at any time a character dies while holding keys or gasoline, place a marker where that character died. That item may be picked up by another hero. However, a zombie may attack a marker on a hit of 2+ to destroy it and put it in the discard pile.

Rule 4: For the heroes to win, a hero must start their turn with the gasoline and give up their turn. They must fight and survive all fights to fill up the tank. Then a hero must start their turn with the keys and give up their turn. They must fight and survive all the fights to start the truck. (Think a choking engine and you just can't get it to turn over right away)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2010, 12:16 PM
RE: Meteor Swarm Scenario
Nice Idea ...and we can now use these http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/cust...-1059.html .

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Interesting take. I like the meteors. I don't like the basic framework of Escape in the Truck though. But, that's personal.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2010, 03:09 PM
To be honest, neither do I. Especially with the "Just what I needed" stuff. It's either impossible or incredibly easy, all truly depends on the heart of the cards. I just hate scenarios that reward sitting in a building, fending it off and search.

Human turn
"I search"
"I search"
"I search"

This is a deterrent to that style.

As for Truck, name another 2/3 search item combo that would be appropriate... not like you can really destroy them before they hit the town. It's pretty much a duck and cover type thing if it was actually happening. That or getting the hell outta dodge.
08-28-2010, 11:27 PM
You might combine the meteors with the "reinforce" rules from Survival of the Fittest -- they have to reinforce a building to survive a direct hit from a meteor.
08-29-2010, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2010 02:39 AM by Orguss.)
You know the chances of that happening successfully? It'd have to be fully barricaded + reinforced on all sides before I'd deem that a bomb shelter. Only way that'd happen is that one survival card. Because isn't barricading instead of searching or moving? And it is a scenario search outlet. Or are you saying that win condition is keep some people alive by making a building a safe house?
08-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes, as a possible different win condition than relying on keys/gas. No scenario search items. But then, that goes against your dislike of staying inside. Nevermind!
08-29-2010, 01:37 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind trying it. Though that's far easier to accomplish. Even if you basically said "You must reinforce on building to 3 levels on all sides" You have 4 heroes who find some ranged stuff like a pistol. With zombies only spawning on certain turns, you have a killer/tank with a chainsaw running around killing them left and right while the other 3 fortify + take a wound or so to fortify again.

If the right hero setup and/or a decent weapon or two, 4 turns and it's over.