Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DreamEscapE
05-31-2023, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2023 01:44 PM by Old Dwarf.)
DreamEscapE
This is a project from Bad Cat games coming up this winter (2023) on
Gamefound.

It's a Solo Card Game that puts you into Lovecraft's Dreamlands trying
to escape the minions of Cthulhu.The Theme just grabbed me so I'm
checking this out. I am trying to limit my Game buying but I'm weak,
so if the cost is bearable (it's a Card Game so that could keep the cost
reasonable) I'll probably go for it. It does mention Expansions sold
separately so We'll see how deep the money pit could get.

Here's a link to the Bad Cat Game site for DreamEscapE.

https://badcatgames.co.uk/games/dreamescape/

OD

Rule Book link from BGG

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/24855...ebook-vs17

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2023, 03:51 PM
RE: DreamEscapE
Sounds pretty interesting, but it's in a genre I don't think I've ever tried. Let us know what you think if you get it!
06-02-2023, 05:06 PM
Update#1 from developers:

In this first update we talk about the wealth of Cthulhu mythos heritage, plans for the game and UK Demos as well as a sneak peak of one of the Dreamer characters.
Welcome Dreamers!

"You have come far across the forbidden sands I see. Parched and weary, haunted by rippling visions of lush green oases, of a sculptured hand rising like a dancer from the desert... or rightfully fearful perhaps of the sonorous hoots of the Wabbak, waiting hungrily for the rasping footfall of unwary nomads? Well traveller, the twin moons of Sheb and Ilguk herald the coming of dark and it is never safe to journey further at night without a guide.

So sit here awhile, drink with me beneath this oleander shade and I will tell you of fabled Irem, of its prodigious domes and uncounted minarets, and of the thousand-pillared collonades of Pettraea that march timeless across the desert towards the monumental portal erected by the sorceror king Shaddad. It is a route that leads from Dream to the Waking World, but very few now know the key..."

Its been just over a week since we launched the preview and its a great start to see that thanks to you we already have over 500 followers! This gives us excellent projections for the main project launch in ~6 months time.

Feedback and Chat

As you have probably guessed by now, we have been huge fans of the Cthulhu mythos cycle of stories for decades (our writers collectively have 80+years of running horror/adventure RPGs) and we have poured our hearts and souls into making the DreamQuest cycle (DreamEscape is the first part) as exciting as can be. Our plan is for the game to appeal to Solo gamers, RPG fans, narrative/ story fans and of course mythos style horror fans! But we would love to know what you think, both of the preview, what you want to see in the gamefound campaign and of the Cthulhu mythos genre in general. Because the game is seamlessly expandable, we have many many future plans for developing the story and game world further. So talk to us, make your voices heard, we will be thrilled to listen and respond to each of you. All questions and comments are productive so let us know!

Dreamer Characters

As well as revealing more content as we get closer to launch, we are thinking of doing a reveal of each Dreamer in the game as separate updates, with more background about each one and dropping little clues and hints to their own intertwined stories that will be revealed through gameplay. Would that be something you would like to see?

Just as a taster, here is probably our favourite male character - Robert Ashcott, the Artist.

We often get asked why the game artwork is in a mixture styles and most of the Item cards are sketches. Well Robert is the reason (partly). Because the game is played from the viewpoint of six dreamers, each of them visually sees their dream in a different way, thus the different art styles. Each of them keeps a Dream Journal (ahem spoiler! shhhh) that is full of sketches and notes about what they have seen, found and experienced, so that is why the Item (resource) cards are sketches. Robert has also provided many of the artworks present in the Hall of Portraits in the Grand Palace in Celephais! Might be a good place to visit in the game (hint!)

UK Demo

This weekend we are off to UKGames Expo (in fact we are catching a plane in about 2hrs!) and will be demoing the game on Friday and Saturday in the Open Play area. So if you are going to be there, be sure to stop by and hang out with us for a while, get a hands-on look at the game in all its glory and/or just chat with us about your favourite mythos/weird fiction writer or gaming in general.

Last Words for now

We are thrilled that every single one of you has joined our growing community, you are the best! and with your support we can make Dreamescape an awesome project.

Thats it for now - chat soon,

Justin, Rob and James

07-03-2023, 03:37 PM
Update #2

https://gamefound.com/projects/badcatgam...Ds57ySXid7

OD

07-04-2023, 09:30 PM
Soooo have you decided to go for it OD?Zombie17

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
07-05-2023, 01:01 AM
I don't know a lot will depend on the price. At my age I hesitate to add to my collection
but it does push the right buttons for me. Besides as a Card Game it won't add to my
mountain of shame.

OD

11-03-2023, 05:05 PM
The KS is out but I've decided to pass. The Core Game is $69 ( a deluxe pledge is just under $100)
& the all IN is just under $200 plus there are addons .

I tend to have FOMO & this is an obvious money pit, so I don't want to add another huge game to
my collection. I'll be getting another Game dump in the next few months from CMoN with the
latest C:DMD KS & the 2nd ed. Comics & the Cthulhu Dark Providence Game could be a must buy.
So NO MASS.

I do like the Dream Lands theme of DreamEscapE but the rules are a bit fiddley (IMO) so it's
just a bridge too far for me.

OD