Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Duct tape...
09-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Duct tape...
... another question.

School is back in and our band of intrepid survivors has gained 'Survival of the Fittest' and 'Zombies with Grave Weapons' over the summer.

One of the first questions that has arisen: (I searched and couldn't find an answer)

When duct tape is drawn and becomes one of the four items, it can combine two weapons, i.e. Chainsaw and Shotgun. The chainsaw and shotgun become 'stacked' and therefore takes up one weapon position. Does duct tape become one of the other four items the hero is carrying? So a hero could be carrying: gas, keys, duct tape and a chainsaw/shotgun combo?

Therefore, when a hero fights and loses, they are effectively rolling to keep the duct tape and not necessarily the weapon? Is this correct? A losing roll means the duct tape must be discarded and each weapon becomes one item again?

Thanks all!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 04:48 PM
RE: Duct tape...
I believe duct tape is discarded to combine the others.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2016, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 05:38 PM by samuraitrev.)
(09-05-2016 03:35 PM)Billy Bones Wrote:  When duct tape is drawn and becomes one of the four items, it can combine two weapons, i.e. Chainsaw and Shotgun. The chainsaw and shotgun become 'stacked' and therefore takes up one weapon position.
correct

(09-05-2016 03:35 PM)Billy Bones Wrote:  Does duct tape become one of the other four items the hero is carrying?
mqstout is correct. The Duct Tape card is Played (used and discarded) to combine the two weapons.

(09-05-2016 03:35 PM)Billy Bones Wrote:  So a hero could be carrying: gas, keys, duct tape and a chainsaw/shotgun combo?
The Hero would be carrying Gas, Keys and a Chainsaw/Shotgun combo

(09-05-2016 03:35 PM)Billy Bones Wrote:  Therefore, when a hero fights and loses, they are effectively rolling to keep the duct tape and not necessarily the weapon? Is this correct? A losing roll means the duct tape must be discarded and each weapon becomes one item again?

Rolling to keep both weapons. If failed lose both. Ouch.Zombie17

'From now on, if either Item would be discarded, both must be discarded.'

Survival of the Fittest Rulebook p.3

Hope this helpsWatchmen02
09-05-2016, 09:00 PM
(09-05-2016 03:35 PM)Billy Bones Wrote:  When duct tape is drawn and becomes one of the four items...
Duct Tape is not an Item, so no, it does not count against your carry limit of four Items.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...