Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Duke Nukem Forever.....not in this house!!
06-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Duke Nukem Forever.....not in this house!!
Well, I stumped up the cash and bought the game on release and even though I am plying through to the end, have to say I am completely underwhelmed!

I loved the old DN games but this is just looks dated. If it had been released even 5 years ago, it wouldn't have been so bad but up against modern FPS games it falls flat. It is also very "bitty" with lots of loading and breaks in the action.

I can envisage it being completed and exchange at the shop within the next few days.

If you can get it cheap or on rental it will pass sometime but don't fork out your hard-earned cash for it.

One major thing going for it is it is brainless and that was the kind of game I was looking for this week, after finishing college.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2011, 10:34 PM
RE: Duke Nukem Forever.....not in this house!!
Po po z67... It'll be a while until I buy a game. I just don't seem to find the time to play much. Insane19

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Bulletstorm is much more fun aye? Watchmen02
Damn shame they *beeped* this one up. To big of a hype and a very long wait untill it got released....

I am the reason God stopped watching.
06-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Well, it was stolen (forcibly by courts) from 3d Realms and given to a company with (to me) a terrible track record and hastily published by a shitty publisher...
06-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Well, finished it, had a okay-ish time playing it but now its going to be traded in.

RIP Duke!!
06-14-2011, 12:14 AM
HEY NOW! Zombie17 I must disagree with you! The company made Borderlands did it not? That is some excellent gaming turf to spend quality time with your friends in. Watchmen02

Meanwhile, I do not think I will be buying this game one way or another.
06-14-2011, 06:47 PM
(06-14-2011 12:14 AM)Raynor Wrote:  HEY NOW! Zombie17 I must disagree with you! The company made Borderlands did it not? That is some excellent gaming turf to spend quality time with your friends in. Watchmen02

Ya, Gearbox and 2K made Borderlands, which has to be my favorite game in the last few years. Not sure about the rest of their track record, and I will not likely get Nukem, just wanted to give a shout to Borderlands!
06-17-2011, 03:16 AM
So sad but I saw it was going to bite. I played the snot out of Duke Nukem 3D back in the day when you had to have your computer DIAL the PHONE NUMBER of the person you intended to play head to head.

This sequel has been a joke in the making for over a decade. What morons.
06-17-2011, 03:03 PM
(06-17-2011 03:16 AM)Musketeer Wrote:  So sad but I saw it was going to bite. I played the snot out of Duke Nukem 3D back in the day when you had to have your computer DIAL the PHONE NUMBER of the person you intended to play head to head.

This sequel has been a joke in the making for over a decade. What morons.

LOL. Those bring back good memories. I remember struggling like heck to figure out how to Modem connect with my buddy across town, so we could play DOOM 2.

Creating boot disks, patches, modem strings...etc I learned more about computers by playing video games than any official 'class' I've taken.

Zalgo....he comes.
06-21-2011, 01:53 AM
(06-14-2011 06:47 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  
(06-14-2011 12:14 AM)Raynor Wrote:  HEY NOW! Zombie17 I must disagree with you! The company made Borderlands did it not? That is some excellent gaming turf to spend quality time with your friends in. Watchmen02

Ya, Gearbox and 2K made Borderlands, which has to be my favorite game in the last few years. Not sure about the rest of their track record, and I will not likely get Nukem, just wanted to give a shout to Borderlands!

They made HalfLife: Opposing Force and Blueshift, both of which were great.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."