Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ESCAPE IN THE TRUCK
06-01-2009, 06:57 PM
ESCAPE IN THE TRUCK
ESCAPE IN THE TRUCK- Okay I'm sure it says the rules I'm looking for somewhere so feel free to quote page #s with your answer... or just answer

Since it doesnt say- If Zombies kill 4 heros do they win?

If The Heros starting location isnt in play do they start at the pickup or at a random building and get or not get a free hero card?

When a Hero gets killed where would the new hero start the game and do they get a chose to go thru all the hero steps with the new character that they just went thru with the character that died? probably only if they die on the zombie turn?

I had my first 5 and my first 6 player game on Sat. My zombies beat the basic game Die Zombies- they only got 3 of the 15 dead needed- they were too afraid to go after me, I managed to kill 2 heros so I won before the deadline

Game 2 with 6 players- I tried 5 heros vs me the 1 zombie for ESCAPE IN THE TRUCK my zombies lost because they kept luring my zombies away from the truck- they also goty the gasoline location in play
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2009, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2009 08:23 PM by mqstout.)
RE: ESCAPE IN THE TRUCK
In ALL SCENARIOS, unless it says otherwise, the zombies have two other alternate win conditions: killing 4 heroes, or emptying the hero deck of cards. (Page 17 of the rulebook.)

If the hero's starting location isn't on the board, he starts in the middle space (unless the scenario says otherwise), with a free hero card. In this scenario, it just so happens that the pickup truck is also in that space. There is at least one scenario I recall in which the heroes always start in a random building rather than in the middle of the board. (Page 7)

Note that the normal rules indicate that a 6 player game is 2 zombie players and 4 heroes.

You mentioned, "they also got the gasoline location in play". Could you explain what you mean by that? Even if the gas station is on the board, that does not mean that they can pick up the gas easily. They'll still have to go through the hero deck until they find it (or use a card that says "find a scenario search item..."). A building's Pick Up ability may only be used to recover items that are in the hero deck DISCARD pile. (There are some scenarios, I believe all from the Growing Hunger expansion, in which a scenario rules might say "Well Stocked Buildings". In those scenarios (only), a building's Pick Up ability can always be used, even to search through the hero deck.)

Regarding hero death and respawn:
For the death of a hero, read pages 18-19 repeatedly. It takes a lot to get it clear, though it's pretty simple once it "clicks". Basically:
* A killed hero ALWAYS turns into a zombie hero.
* If the sun track marker is in the black zone, that hero is replaced by a new one.
* If the sun track marker is below the black zone, the hero is only replaced if it was that player's last hero. (This is only relevant if one player controls multiple heroes, or in the odd scenario that uses the "New Hero Found" exploration tile.)

For placing the hero, they are NOT placed in their starting location. In most scenarios, this means the center of the board, though the player may choose to start in a RANDOM BUILDING (the building is random; the space in it is selected by the player; 6 means zombie's choice, but only for the building, not the space). They start as if it were the beginning of the game, including items that character may get, extra hero cards from starting in the middle, extra cards from the scenario, etc.

Remember that when a hero dies, all items he had are discarded. But also remember that event cards in-hand are possessed by the player and not the hero -- those are retained.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Ahem...

Just a quack from a lost frog... Regarding the Hero death. As far as I understand, you only get a Zombie Hero if:

A. It was that human players last Hero (always when playing with 4 hero players).
B. If the card Bitten, or I Feel Kind of Strange... is played on the Hero and he or she recieves a wound.
C. The Hero is killed while the sun track is in the Black Zone.

You do not get a Zombie Hero if that player has more than one Hero Character AND the sun track is below the Black Zone. But if these conditions are met, then the player do not get to draw a new Hero (unless the rule Heroes Replenish is added from the Growing Hunger expansion.

On the subject of heroes starting in the middle of the game, they get to take their turn IF it is the heroes turn. If it is the Zombies turn they do not get to move or anything else, untill it becomes the heroes turn again. However, it is only in extremely rare conditions that the Zombies can attack the new hero character as they cannot move after fighting. Only if the new character starts in the same square as a Zombie will he be attacked that turn.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
06-01-2009, 11:30 PM
SovTech Wrote:Just a quack from a lost frog... Regarding the Hero death. As far as I understand, you only get a Zombie Hero if:
A. It was that human players last Hero (always when playing with 4 hero players).
B. If the card Bitten, or I Feel Kind of Strange... is played on the Hero and he or she recieves a wound.
C. The Hero is killed while the sun track is in the Black Zone.

Thank you for correcting my error. That'll teach me to write during my lunch break!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2009, 02:34 AM
The other thing to remember about the ESCAPE IN THE TRUCK scenario is that the heroes only win by having 2 heroes, with the keys and a gassed up truck, so therefore if the zombies kill 3 heroes (with no extra heroes being spawned for zombie heroes/heroes replenish etc) the zombies win!
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
zombie67 Wrote:The other thing to remember about the ESCAPE IN THE TRUCK scenario is that the heroes only win by having 2 heroes, with the keys and a gassed up truck, so therefore if the zombies kill 3 heroes (with no extra heroes being spawned for zombie heroes/heroes replenish etc) the zombies win!

-that does help in a 2 player game but I was the zombies in a 6 player game so when I killed their hero they got a new one which appeared out of the back of the truck- GRRR
06-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Ooops, missed that fact that your said it was a 6 player game....D'oh!