Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Earth Overrun Help...
04-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Earth Overrun Help...
How many zombies is the zombie player allowed to spawn at max?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2011, 04:37 PM
RE: Earth Overrun Help...
Scanning the IFOS Rulebook, I would say that the ZP has a pool of 14 (or 7 each if there are two ZPs). Same spawning rules apply as all other scenarios. Spawn 2d6 at the start of the game (or 1D6 per ZP), and 1D6 at the end of the Zombie turn if they made their roll to spawn (or 1D3 per ZP).
04-13-2011, 08:16 PM
(04-13-2011 04:37 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  Scanning the IFOS Rulebook, I would say that the ZP has a pool of 14 (or 7 each if there are two ZPs). Same spawning rules apply as all other scenarios. Spawn 2d6 at the start of the game (or 1D6 per ZP), and 1D6 at the end of the Zombie turn if they made their roll to spawn (or 1D3 per ZP).

Thank you very much...that's what I figured but I didn't see it anywhere. In this scenario do heroes have to do all of their action in the order stated on the card or can they go out of order like in LNOE? I appreciate the help a lot.
04-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Every Round during the Hero Turn, you choose which order to activate your Heroes, this holds true for both LNOE and IFOS. During each individual Hero activation, the Phases must be taken in order: Move Action, Exchange, Ranged Attack, Fight; this also holds true for both LNOE and IFOS.

The terminology Activate for heroes was introduced in IFOS to provide clarity. In the LNOE rule book they use the term "Turn" to decribe the General Hero turn (all of the Heroes) where you can choose the order in which your Heroes take their turns; and the Individual Hero Turn where they move and search and Fight. This led to misinterpretations where some folks thought that you could perform the 4 phases of an individual Heroes turn in any order.

Hope that helps and makes sense...
04-13-2011, 11:32 PM
(04-13-2011 10:00 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  Every Round during the Hero Turn, you choose which order to activate your Heroes, this holds true for both LNOE and IFOS. During each individual Hero activation, the Phases must be taken in order: Move Action, Exchange, Ranged Attack, Fight; this also holds true for both LNOE and IFOS.

The terminology Activate for heroes was introduced in IFOS to provide clarity. In the LNOE rule book they use the term "Turn" to decribe the General Hero turn (all of the Heroes) where you can choose the order in which your Heroes take their turns; and the Individual Hero Turn where they move and search and Fight. This led to misinterpretations where some folks thought that you could perform the 4 phases of an individual Heroes turn in any order.

Hope that helps and makes sense...

Thank you very very much. I always knew that Heroes could choose the order of which Hero goes first, but I had honestly thought that in LNOE Heroes could choose the order of the actions they took, but that they couldn't in IFOS. Thanks for the clarification!!!
04-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Oh boo and hiss. That means we've been playing wrong too. No more shoot and run for the heroes. It's gonna be move and shoot from now on. Doh!
04-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Watchmen02 glad I could help. The game might feel different and a little harder on the Heroes taking the phases in order. Good luck to ya! Zombie17
04-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Ok...so another question....If a zombie plays a card that targets heroes such as -1 to all movement when starting outside a building, does that card and other cards similar to that apply to the martians as well? The zombie player had a VERRRRRRRRRY hard time in this scenario. We discussed that the zombie player should be allowed to spawn zombies on any spawning pit with as many as they roll to spawn. So if they can spawn 3 zombies, they can put all three on one spawn or spread them out however they want. Its too easy for the heroes and martians to pick off individual zombies all of the time. Does anyone have any other suggestions for zombie strategy or adjustments to make it more balanced?
04-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know?
04-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Heavy Rain: "All Heroes who start their move outside of a building must subtract 1 from their Movement Dice roll (to a minimum of 1). "

A few things i see here:
1. "All Heroes" - a martian is not a Hero and would not be affected.
2. "subtract 1 from their Movement roll" - martians don't roll for Movement.
3. "(to a minimum of 1)." - Martians have a set Movement of 1.

Also, I believe the Zombie/Martian cards that affect Movement have the "minimum of 1" clause...

Regarding tactics, I don't have a ton to offer as I have yet to play the massive crossover (heck, I have yet to play IFOS, but I own it...). But here are my initial thoughts:
- Use the Zombies movements through building walls to their advantage, both Martians and Heroes are affected by walls.
- Spread out the zombies when going after a Martian pack, they can only shoot into one adjacent square.
- Remember that Martians killed by a Zombie become Zombie Martians