Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Earth Reborn
02-18-2011, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 07:58 PM by deadrabbit.)
RE: Earth Reborn
i havent played it but after looking at the character cards and stuff it looks like a very thrown together game.

im not paying that much for a game that SEEMS like they didnt put much time into it.

but then again ive been working on a board game for about three years now, and a game has been released sense then that is very similar. i wish i would have rushed to get it released. now we are going back and changing things to further distance are selves from this other game. quite the hassle.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2011, 10:30 PM
The only complaint I have after the initial opening is yes the character cards are just cards, not like my beloved LNoE character cards, which are printed on a cardboard stock. The reason for this is that they are for reference not used as a "Wound Marker". I think I can overlook this small thing as the board and minis and everything that is included is quite amazing.

Keep in mind people, I made this thread for the purpose to see if anyone had it, or had played it before I made the purchase. Not every game is for everyone. I will keep peeps posted on it's gameplay as tonight we are making our first go at it.

ps development for this game started 3 years ago, hardly "thrown together" imo
02-18-2011, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 10:56 PM by deadrabbit.)
(02-18-2011 10:30 PM)kay_dawg Wrote:  The only complaint I have after the initial opening is yes the character cards are just cards, not like my beloved LNoE character cards, which are printed on a cardboard stock. The reason for this is that they are for reference not used as a "Wound Marker". I think I can overlook this small thing as the board and minis and everything that is included is quite amazing.

Keep in mind people, I made this thread for the purpose to see if anyone had it, or had played it before I made the purchase. Not every game is for everyone. I will keep peeps posted on it's gameplay as tonight we are making our first go at it.

ps development for this game started 3 years ago, hardly "thrown together" imo

like i said, seems to be. all i know of the game is from three or four pictures i seen at zman games, and the cards wer a jumbled up mess.

glad to see you bought it, you should post a review or something. the minis look great but its not enought for me to spend 85 bucks on a board game.

02-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh I hear you DR.
85 bucks was hard to part with over one game, until I added up what I have spent on other board games and their expansions. I did a fair amount of research on some other forums as well as watched some review vids on the game before I was sold on it. No complaints other than the Character Cards not being like the larger format of some games. People have said that it is a very rich and deep game with a massive replay factor, which I liked. ( also the theme is based on Post Apocalyptic Cyborg Zombies.....different twist )

I will let everyone know how it goes with our first session tonight...who knows it might tank and play LNoE instead =)

ps. I bet going back to the drawing board on a game that you helped designed is a pain in the butt. Good luck on the revamp and can't wait to give it a try =)
02-19-2011, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 03:17 AM by deadrabbit.)
after you said it has been in devolepment for a few years i checked more up on it, and as you said the reply value is amazing. with the random maps its gunna be different every time you play. i geuss im just critical when it comes to card layouts.

and thanks man, were working on the prototype and contacting artist n sculptors right now, but when its finished i could ship prototypes to people intrested in play testing. its called Draw At Dawn, a western squad sized combat miniature boardgame. long i know.

02-19-2011, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 04:28 AM by D153453D.)
(02-18-2011 06:34 PM)kay_dawg Wrote:  The price was alright in my mind, since LoNE + GH + Hero Pack 1 + SoTF and other addons cost me much more. This game has tossed it all in rather than add an expansion at a later date.

Well put. I'm interested in that board. Hopefully you can put all the pieces together however you like. Is that a set up for a specific scenario, or just a random set up?

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-19-2011, 05:23 AM
(02-19-2011 04:28 AM)D153453D Wrote:  
(02-18-2011 06:34 PM)kay_dawg Wrote:  The price was alright in my mind, since LoNE + GH + Hero Pack 1 + SoTF and other addons cost me much more. This game has tossed it all in rather than add an expansion at a later date.

Well put. I'm interested in that board. Hopefully you can put all the pieces together however you like. Is that a set up for a specific scenario, or just a random set up?

they found a way to randomly generate new maps every game. purdy sweet

02-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Do Not repeat DO NOT get me interested in this Game or my wife may stage her own Day of Rage.
I checked this out before but then I looked at that big dresser in my Game Room full of unpainted metal
for WarZone and decided I did not have enough years left to get this all done.

The map generation thing does sound cool.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-24-2011, 01:09 AM
http://www.taban-miniatures.com/

some cool alternative models for earth reborn.

03-24-2011, 04:25 AM
Miniaturemarket.com has it for 52.00 US and Trollandtoad.com has it for 49.99 US. I may have to look into this one.