Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Egypt Mission :Rise of Moloch
12-13-2023, 03:17 PM
Egypt Mission :Rise of Moloch
The following is my Solo play (modified Ether Use & allocation) of The Egypt Mission .I modified the Backstory from Victorian London
to Simon R.Green's Nightside London. This is a One-Off Game & use different Gentlemen from those in the Campaign I'm playing.

Gentlemen:

Lord Holmes-Leader-Luck of the Devil
Dr.Watson-Scout-High Tension
Mrs.Dudley-Samaritan-Rabid
Rev.Dudley-Bouncer-Spirit of Vengeance
Gear/Artefacts/Arsenal-in Storage Room of Mausoleum

Cult:

Lord Crowley
Lady Ushler-+ Defensive Benefit
Jaybee The Ripper
Necropolis Guards
Canopic Beast (in Stasis guarding Morloch Stone)
Shambling Zombies- +1 Punch Benefit
Nemesis Power-Command Minions

Objectives-either Side Exit with Morloch Stone.

Light Power Set up used.

Evening May 31-An Alley in the Nightside

A sweating man waits nervously for his contact to appear.He thinks of the danger
he is in if his Nemesis Cult discovers he has stolen a Morloch Stone from them.
Then he thinks of the money he's being paid.

A shuffle in the shadows & a figure steps forth, the Thief gasps it's grotesque
but he notices the case the thing is holding & slowly opens displaying stacks of
money...it's his contact.

Breathing a sigh of relief he responds by opening the bag he carries & pulling out
the Morloch Stone letting it's sickly green glow cast it's appalling light briefly
flicker before before returning it to the bag.

The Thief moves to take the case while offering up his bag but Jaybee the Ripper's
hand doesn't take the bag & instead slashes a knife across the Thief's throat.

Suddenly the shrill of a police whistle sends the Jaybee back into the shadows
before he can recover the bag.

A constable on patrol had spotted the incident & has summons help.The Bobbies
find the man dead but under him in a bag containing a strange glowing rock.
They remove the body & take the bag back to the Station.

Early Morning June 1st.- Police Station-Nightside

Inspector Lord Holmes & associates are here.....Good send them in.

Lord Holmes,good to see you again & Dr.Watson always a pleasure .You made good time.

Inspector Massesy it was fortunate that my Team & I were dining together when I got your message.
but let me introduce my other associates Rev. & Mrs. Dudley.So how may we help you?
your message said it was urgent.

Nice meeting you,as to why I asked for you to come down,it involves this damn thing.
It's a rock of some sort but it's unnatural, but it's sticky & glows this weird green.
We found it on a dead man who had had tattoos that showed him to be a member of this
Nemesis Cult that been so much trouble here of late.I figure you might know what it was.

Interesting Inspector it's obviously some sort of Cult fetish ,we'll take it back
to Dr. Watsons Laboratory & check into it some more. Oh before we leave can we see the body?

Morning June 1st-Outside Police Station-Nightside

I say Holmes why didn't you tell the Inspector that damn rock is a Morloch Stone &
why did you want to see the body?

Elementary my dear Watson,Morloch Stones are too powerful ,if Massey thought it was
really important he would want to investigate further & that would interfere with
our investigation. As to the body from his dress & Tattoos it's obvious he was a low
ranking Nemesis Agent so why would he have a Morloch Stone in his possession?
There's more than meets the eye here.So let's hail a carriage & get back to Baker Street
& we can discuss matters further.....Oh what luck there's Carriage right here.

Evening June 1st.-Somewhere in the Nightside.

Oh...my head....Watson....Dudley... ?

Holmes....where are we?...I just came to & so did Watson.....What happened to us?

Welcome back Gentlemen I know the answers to your questions but won't like them.

Dear Mrs.Dudley please enlighten us, the last thing I remember was getting into a
Carriage outside the Police Station.

Well Holmes there are some perks to being a ghost.The Carriage was a trap you were
all gassed so I went incorporeal.They took you to The Mausoleum your in a robing room
off the Temple.I've cased the place your gear is in a Storage Room on the other side
of the Temple & they put the Morloch Stone in an Altar Room in the back of the Temple.
Oh, there are 4 Necropolis Guards in the Temple & something big in the Altar Room but
I not sure it's alive.There is a woman & some strange Creature in the outer rooms.
I came back here & materialized to keep watch over you.Dudley are you alright?

Yes Dear just a tad woozy & I know about this Mausoleum, it's an abomination! It's the
Head Quarters of Solomon Crowley's Cult, that Blasphemer dedicated to bringing back
the Black Pharaoh.He enjoys popularity among the lower classes but Holmes what does he
want with us?

Rev. excuse the vulgarity but this Crowley doesn't give a damn about us it's the Morloch
Stone he was after & we just happened to be in the way.I expect that man in the alley was
for some reason was there to deliver the Stone to one of Crowley's Agents & was doubled crossed.
Consider that if his fellow Nemesis Cultist were after him he would have recognized them & run,
instead he allowed his killer to get close enough to slit his throat.I think his killer unable
to seize the Stone before the police arrive followed them back to the Station then saw our arrival
& figured the Stone would be given to us & then arranged for our kidnapping.As to our fate,
considering Crawley I expect ritual sacrifice & or experimentation.

Holmes that's all well & good but we need to get out of here & we can't let that fiend Crawley
keep the Morloch Stone.

Quite right Watson,so first thing we need to get back our Gear & secure the Stone.Mrs. Dudley
indicates our stuff is just across the Temple but we'll need to deal with the Necropolis Guards.
We'll send one person out to head to the storage room & the rest of us will follow to distract
the Guards.Once that person gets to the Gear they will come back & help deal with the guards.
Once we all get our Gear & neutralize the Guards we'll get the Morloch Stone from the Altar
& fight our way out.So who wants to go first? Rev.Dudley, Very good we'll be right behind you.

9:15-9:30 PM:

Gentlemen-Rev.Dudley strides to the door & opens it,Mrs.Dudley quickly passes him & moves out into
the Temple heading toward the Storage Room to find their gear.Dr.Watson closely follows her &
Lord Holmes brings up the rear.The Gentlemen are now exposed in the middle of the Temple.

The Cult-At first the powers of Chaos are caught off guard at the quick recovery of the Gentlemen.
Lord Crowley meanwhile enters the Mausoleum Grounds Commanding 2 Minions to follow him & heads toward the Altar
Room to claim the Morloch Stone.Lady Ushler hearing running steps in the Temple moves across her work room &
opens the door while Jaybee moves out out of the caretaker's room spots the Gentlemen in the Temple
& moves to intercept Holmes.The Zombies Minions enter the Mausoleum Grounds & shamble after Lord Crowley.
The Necropolis Guards spring to action one blocks the entrance to the Storage Room & they attack
the Gentlemen. In the Melee Mrs.Dudley receives a wound, Dr.Watson takes 2 Wounds, Lord Holmes
gets 1 hit & Rev.Dudley trapped in the doorway of the Robing Room also takes a hit.

9:30-9:45 PM:

Gentlemen- Fight back . Lord Holmes attacks a Necropolis Guard but his Luck fails him as the Guard dodges.
Holmes expends 2 Ether to order Mrs Dudley to attack another Necropolis Guard blocking the door to the Storage
Room but she fails to do any damage to the Guard.Holmes makes 2nd Attack and recovers 2 Ether he expended.
Rev.Dudley attacks & kills the Necropolis Guard blocking the Storage Room.His 2nd Attack causes another wound
on the collective health of the Guards. Mrs Dudley with her path clear moves to the Storage Room and opens the door.
Dr.Watson makes 2 Attacks on a Necropolis Guard but both times the Guard dodges.

The Cult-Jaybee expends 3 Ether to strip Holmes defenses but still manages only 1 hit. The powers of Chaos hold
back as they have no Ether to support them.The Zombies shamble after Lord Crowley.A Necropolis Guard Attacks Dr.Watson
and wound him & Watson takes a Last Breath Torment and dodges the Guard next Attack.Lord Crowley moves toward
the Altar Room & Lady Ushler moves into the Temple & attacks Holmes who dodges.

9:45-10 PM:

Gentlemen:

Mrs.Dudley moves into the Storage Room finds the Chest & takes out the following:Binoculars,
Eat Me, Whiskey.Rev.Dudley attacks & kills Necropolis Guard blocking his way & moves out
to block Lord Crowley from the Altar Room.Dr.Watson pulls away from the Agents taking a wound
& enters the Storage Room & emptying the Chest taking a Sawed Off Shotgun, a regular Shot Gun and
an Embryon .Lord Holmes moves away from the Agents taking a wound and proceeds to door of the Altar Room,
where he restores some wounds & Ether & losses his Ether Torment.

The Cult-Lord Crowley moves into the Temple advoiding any Gentlemen but then finds himself blocked by
Rev.Dudley.The Necropolis Guard killed by Rev.Dudley resurrects alongside the other Guard outside the Storage Room.
The Guard moves into the Storage Room and Attacks Dr.Watson who avoids the Attack.Jaybee Attacks Holmes catching
Holmes off Guard (Jaybee's Bonus) he follows with a 2nd Attack & Holmes takes 3 wounds and inflicting an
Ether Torment.The Power of Chaos is again flustrated by lack of Ether.The Zombie Minions Shamble after Crowley.
Lady Ushler moves & Attacks Lord Holmes spending 3 Ether to Poison her Attack but Holmes manages to Dodge.

10-10:15PM:

Gentlemen:

Lord Holmes Opens Altar Room Door & moves to Altar taking a parting wound from Lady Ushler.Mrs.Dudley
expends an Ether on helping Dr.Watson to recover Health & Ether.She then attacks a Necropolis Guard but it dodges.
Rev.Dudley makes 2 attacks on Crowley & getting 1 hit & expends 2 Ethers.
Dr.Watson expends 2 Ether on 2 Shotgun blasts on a Necropolis Guard causing 4 hits & killing 2 Guards.

The Cult-The Nemsis Powers remain dormant .Jaybee moves to the Altar room getting behind Lord Holmes.The Zombie
Minions continue to Shamble after Crawley.Lady Ushler makes 2 attacks on Holmes & wounds him.The remaining Necropolis
Guards calls for reinforcements 2 Arrive & attack Rev.Dudley giving him 3 wounds.Lord Crowley now fires on Rev.
Dudley doing 2 more hits & reducing the Rev.to his Vengeance Health. The attack also sets off a Combustion
that sets Rev.Dudley Location & the 1 behind him on fire.

10:15-10:30 PM:

Gentlemen:

Lord Holmes expends 2 Ether to make a Quick Deduction & calls for help from Mrs.Dudley. She moves swiftly to
the Altar Room behind Lady Ushler.Lord Holmes takes the Morloch Stone from the Altar then Attacks Jaybee but
does no damage to the creature.Rev.Dudley is taken down by the Flames but his Spirit of Vengeance is so strong
that is is able to stumble out of the Flames & attack & kill a Necropolis Guard .Dr Watson moves out of the Storage Room
expends an Ether to activate his High Tension wounding himself & fires his Sawed off Shotgun a 2 Necropolis Guards
outside the Altar Room but onlt hitting one.

The Cult -The Zombie Minions continue to move toward Lord Crowley.Two Necropolis Guards move to block the Altar
Room entrances.Lord Crowley moves up behind the Necropolis Guards.Jaybee gains an Eether & attacks Holmes who Dodges
& expends an Ether to counterattacks which Jaybee avoids.Jaybee 2nd attack causes Holmes 3 wounds.Holmes uses the
Morloch Stone & expends another Ether to Counterattack but Jaybee again Dodges.Lady Ushler now takes up the assault
on Holmes but he manages to Dodge both of her attacks.The Nemesis Powers also absorbs another Ether & uses it to
Command 2 Zombies to move toward Dr.Watson.

The Fire set off by Lord Crowley's attack spreads out.

10:30-10:45 PM

Gentlemen:

Mrs.Dudley attacks the Necprolis Guard behind her but he Dodges both her attacks.Lord Holmes back into a courner of
the Altar Room Recovers 3 Health & 2 Ether.He then attacks Jaybee who takes a wound.Rev.Dudley Revives but takes a
wound from the flames around him.Dr.Watson Revives.

The Cult-Lord Crowley fires on Dr.Watson & Neutralizes him.His own Agents however , block his way to the Alter Room.
The Chaos Powers revived from Ether given up by Lord Holmes sends 2 Zombies forward toward the Altar Room.A Necropolis Guard
behind Mrs.Dudley takes a wound from Mrs.Dudley draining influence.He Calls & another Guard appears & opens the other door to
the Altar Room.Jaybee also takes a wound from Mrs.Dudly's presence & launches an attack on Holmes
giving him a wound Holmes spends Ether to Counter Attack & gives Jaybee 2 wounds.Jaybee 2nd Attack gives Holmes 2 wounds
& Holmes again expends an Ether to Counter Attack giving Jaybee 2 more wounds.Lady Ushler absorbs 2 Ether from Holmes
& attack Holmes but he manages to Dodge both her assults.

The Fire spreads out in the Temple.

10:45-11PM:

Gentlemen:

Mrs.Dudley Attacks the Necropolis Gd but he Dodges. She attacks the other Guard & he Dodges.Lord Holmes
Recovers restoring 3 Health & 2 Ether & then attacks Jaybee who takes a wound.Rev Dudley loses another
wound to the fire & moves across the flames taking 2 more wounds.Getting a Necropolis Guard in range he fires
but misses.Dr.Watson expends Ether & fires his Sawedoff Shotgun but the Zombies Dodge .He tries again with
the shotgun but the Zombies still manage to Dodge.

The Cult-5 Zombies Attack Dr.Watson but he dodges a 2nd Attack is also Dodged.The Chaos Powers expend an Ether
to have 2 Zombies Attack Dr.Watson this time they get a hit.The Necropolis Guards both lose a wound due to the
baleful presence of Mrs. Dudley this kills 1 Guard the other Attacks & gets 1 hit.Lady Ushler also takes a
wound due to Mrs.Dudley presence & Attacks Lord Holmes spending 3 Ether to do additional damage but Holmes
Dodges.Her 2nd Attack is also Dodged.Lord Crowley moves up behind Jaybee.Jaybee Attacks Holmes & spends Ether
to limit Holmes defenses & lands 4 Hits on Holmes.His 2nd attack is however Dodged by Holmes.

The Fire continues to sweep through the Temple.

11-11:15 PM:

Gentlemen:

Rev.Dudley takes a wound from the Flames that surround him but holds firm & attacks a Necropolis Guard & wounding.
it, however, the Guard Dodges his 2nd Attack.Dr.Watson allocates 2 Ether to make an the Zombies with his Sawed Off
Shot Gun & activating his High Tension & kills 3 Zombies.He then Recovers gaining 3 Health & 2 Ether,Lord Holmes
Revives from an attack by Jaybee.Mrs.Dudley using Eate Me & Rabid attacks Jaybee finally kills the creature.She
then Restores herself.

The Cult-Remaining Necropolis Guard tales a wound from Mrs.Dudley presence & dies.Jaybee loses another Wound to
Mrs.Dudley's draining effect & attacks Holmes who Dodges but his 2nd Attack Neutralizes Holmes .Lord Crowley
Attacks Holmes giving him 2 wounds & his follow up Attack does another wound.A Zombie caught by the Flames starts
to Flame 2 others Attack Watson giving him 3 Wounds but he refuses to fall (Torment) & spends an Ether to use
his Shot Gun to Attack but the Zombies manages to Dodge.Lady Ushley using Ether expended by Holmes to boost
her Attack & Stuns Holmes although he does Dodge her 2nd Attack.The Chaos Power sends 2 Zombies toward the Altar Room.

The Fire continues to ravage the Temple.

11:15-11:30PM:

Gentlemen:

Dr.Watson spends 1 Ether to use Shot Gun & fires on Zombie Killing it he then Restores 3 Health & 2 Ether.
Rev.Dudley loses a wound to the Flames & suffers a Leg Injury.He moves through the Flames giving him another
wound & then Restores 3 Health & 2 Ether.Lord Holmes is unable to act as he is still Stunned from Lady
Ushler's Attack.Mrs Dudley suffers 2 Wounds to get to Holmes & get the Morloch Stone & runs out of the Alter
Room suffering another 2 Wounds from Crowley & Ushler.

The Cult-Lady Ushler Attacks Holmes & wounds him.Holmes Dodges her Second Attack.The Flaming Zombie is killed
by Mrs.Dudly's Drain but the remaining Zombie Attacks Dr.Watson who Dodges .Lord Crowley fires on Holmes
his Attacks Neutralize Holmes .The Chaos Powers expend an Ether to Command the remaining Zombie to Attack Dr.
Watson who Dodges.The Canopic Beast awakens as the Morelock Stone is taken from the Altar Room & begins a
Pursuit of Mrs/Dudley.

The Fire has now consumed most of The Temple.

11:30-11:45PM:

Gentlemen:

Lord Holmes moves to Attack Crowley expending an Ether.Crowley Dodges.
Dr.Watson expends 2 Ether to activate his weapons & moves to intercept the Canopic Beast
from catching Mrs,Dudley.His Shotgun does 4 Damage & knocks the Beast down & attaching the
Embryon .Rev.Dudley takes a wound from the Flames & again Restores himself.Mrs.Dudley moves through the Temple
Grounds toward the Exit.

The Cult-The Chaos Powers Hold.Lady Ushler makes Attacks on Holmes doing 3 Damage Neutralizing him
again.The Canopic Beast gets up but is boxed in by Dr.Watson & Rev.Dudley.Lord Crowley Attacks
Holmes who Dodges 1 Attack & takes a Wound on a 2nd Attack.The Remaining Zombie burst into Flames.

The Fire in the Temple spreads to the Altar Room.

11:45-Midnight

Gentlemen:

Mrs.Dudley moves to the Exit.Moves toward the Exit & spends an Ether to continue moving & getting
a Wound from going through the Flames.Rev.Dudley takes a Wound from the Flames which caused an Ether Drain
(Torment) of 2 Ethers.Holmes Revives.

The Cult-Lord Crowley Attacks & Neutralizes the weakened Holmes.The Chaos Powers expend Ether & activates
the remaining Zombie who shambles into Flames.The Canopic Beast moves after Mrs.Dudley but is again
blocked by Dr.Watson.The Beast takes 2 Wounds from the Flames & loses an Ether to the Embryon.Lady Ushler flees
towards the Exit taking 3 Wounds from the Flame.

The Fire has engulfed most of the Temple.

Midnight-& thereafter:

Gentlemen:

Mrs.Dudley leaves the Mausoleum Grounds with the Morlock Stone (Gentlemen Win). breaking the Canopic Beast
link to the Stone it reverts to it's mummy form & is consumed by the Fire.Dr.Watson & Rev.Dudley make it
to the Mausoleum Court Yard & escape.Lady Ushler also escapes,the Flaming Zombie shambles off through the rubble.
Holmes & Crowley caught in the Altar Room are able to get through the Flames using their Revival ability or Dark Ritual
& escape the Inferno.

Epilogue:

Crowley's Dark Pharaoh Cult is seriously disrupted & forced to lay low.The Unicorn Club thanks Holmes & his associates
for being available on short notice & again offer them membership but they prefer to remain on call status for special cases.
Rev.Dudley however makes an anonymous donation of an Artefact to the Unicorn Club as he appreciates their fight against
the Nemesis Forces.

My Generator rolled up Egypt & this Missions seems built to have a slugfest.The Gentlemen start in a small room behind closed doors,
their Gear is behind closed doors in another room & the Objective (Morloch Stone) is in a 3rd room behind closed doors & all these
rooms are sperate from each other by a large tile (the Temple).So at some point it will be easy for the Cult Agents/Minions to box
the Gentlemen in & pound on them.Plus the Cult Agents all have a lot of Health so taking them down is not an easy task.

Rev.Dudley,Dr.Watson & Lord Holmes were all boxed in & under constant Attacks but Mrs. Dudley was finally able to get to a Neutralized.
Holmes before any Agent & get the Morloch Stone.She outran the Canopic Beast with the help of Dr.Watson & made the Exit to win the Game
for the Gentlemen.

Although the Mission is one off I'm making the results effect the Campaign in this case the 1st Gentlemen to visit the Shadow Market
at a Chapter Intermission gets a free Artefact.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply