Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Elders
09-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Elders
I have a lot of questions but I will start with the Elders since they are very confusing and there's not much about them in the book (which I've read about a dozen times so far...)

We play coop with 3 to 5 players. We always get the card that allows us to peek at a secret. This is where the first confusion begins...

If we look at a secret as a team, there's no need to "call him out", right? We already know if he's evil or indifferent.

The first couple of times we played, we just left the evil secret elders alone and chose 2 neutral ones to go with us.

The last two times we played we placed any evil elders with the villian based on what we "peeked" at, we never "called anyone out."

So what's going on? Are we doing this correct now?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2012, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 12:05 PM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: Elders
It's rather unusal to know all the Elders secrets but if that is the case what your doing is correct.
I'm not sure what you mean in placing an evil elder that you "peeked"with the Villian.In the coop
Game if an Elder is killed his secrets are revealed & if he/she is Evil they are place with the Villian,
simply knowing an Elder is evil by "peeking" at his/her secrets doesn't cause them to join the villian.
(unless the Secret Card instructs you to do that)
It simply lets you know so you don't choose them for the Hunting Party.

Calling out only works in the competitive Game or Team Games(against the opposite team of course)

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-25-2012, 04:35 AM
RE: Elders
Yes, thanks for the reply Watchmen02 I'd prefer not to use them at all because they're kind of weird if you ask me...but I really want to play as the rules intended.

What happens is we pay to reveal (or get a card to reveal) secrets...which are 99% NOT evil and the elder just sits there at the top of the board. Occasionally he will die but again, usually isn't evil and doesn't join the villian. If we happen to see that he IS evil, we put his card with the villain in the hopes that it will make the game harder. So far it's been way way way too easy with 3-5 of us playing each time.