Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emp's Zombie replacements
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
RE: Emp's Zombie replacements
I think these are spot on emp. Your painting just gets better!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Very nice color scheme. What red did you use for the blood? I am having trouble nailing old dark blood.
03-22-2012, 05:33 PM
The chicken suit! Awesome job, dude.
03-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks guys and girl Watchmen02
I just tried some things on the fly to be honest and they seemed to have payed off if I check your reactions. Watchmen02

Phantom, i use Vallejo Red (70926) and Vallejo Flat Red (70957) for the blood and wounds.
If first fill the wound with the Red, this is done during the basecoating. Then I use 50% water and 50% Black wash (games workshop) a,d then to finish it I use the Flat Red with a little spot of highlights here and there on the pieces that seem raised to me.
And then after the highlight I carefully use the pure Black wash and fill in some parts on the edges of flesh and clothes. I use a very tiny brush for that so that the blood does not spread like when I normally wash my figures.
Hope this helps mate Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user