Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Enhanced Gameplay?
02-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Enhanced Gameplay?
While studying ATOE (see my threads on a Poll and the Shadowborkk Gazetteer), I had another thought.

What id one had to do the classic 'gather weird stuff/info' to help defeat the monster'. Different from gathering IP and items, though. This action would give a huge benefit, like reducing the Wounds multiplier in Co-op games or adding a large attack bonus.

So what is this 'action'? One has to gather items and have them on-hand when you draw a certain card. For excample, one has to get one of the various 'Keys' and bring it to the monestary in the hopes of drawing 'The Sufian Crypt'. Yeah, that means dangerous lingering, but it will be worth it. Opening the Crypt will give you a Bonus against Demons or Ghosts. Now if you gather the journal and pages from the Forgotten Island and bring them to the Olde Woods, you get the bonus for drawing the Witch card, which helps against Werewolves.

Should I spend some more time on this train of thought...gather together a list of 'tirgger' items and 'goal' cards?

=Fate

02-18-2011, 02:15 PM
RE: Enhanced Gameplay?
That sounds really neat. I love the idea of a trade-off dilema. I almost always go for the risk. If I have all of the parts (I only have the basic game now, and the little madness expansion), I would love to give this a try.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Here's a set for the Vampire:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-s-Tactics

02-18-2011, 10:21 PM
sounds pretty cool. maybe adding multiple requirements for the better effects, and maybe making certian heros be able to complete task that pertain to them instantly.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-19-2011, 12:09 PM
It looks like an interesting idea.To complie all the potential Cards with each Villain sounds like a major project,so get to work!

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-19-2011, 01:42 PM
@deadrabbit: Ooh...hadn't thought of personalizing it to the hero. Can Lucy banish the Gibbering Madness that haunts her family? Can the Scarlet Shadow rally the Highwaymen as militia? Hmmmm.... OK, one thing at a time: Monsters, then General, then Heroes.

02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Just spent some time re-doing the tactics. I wanted to make it so that players did not need to purchase promos or expansion for it to work. I also reduced it down to one item/ally card, as narrowing down the tactics to just base ATOE left me with not enough cards to go around! So: a each expansion and promo set may have either an added tactic or the ability to 'swap' cards within a tactic.