Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enhancing the theme
07-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Enhancing the theme
A problem I have with Deck Builders is the theme may be lost in the hustle and bustle of the number crunching. These are some tips to enhance the ATOE theme in Dark Gothic... any idea are welcome!

- Of course, play the CD...
- Take the ally/elder tokens from ATOE and place them with the hero card when an ally is acquired. They really only 'show up' when the card is in play, though. But it keeps the ally/elder on the player's mind.
- Place the mini in front of the hero card. Of course we need a mini for the smuggler girl .
- The locations represent that the hero is now quite welcome at that location and may 'visit' anytime in need (to gain the advantage when the card is used).
- Use the Shadowbrook map and place the cards of the 'line' upon the map. The rest of the cards may be placed just adjacent to the map.

Like so:
[Image: Shadowbrook_Dark_Gothic.jpg]

07-17-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: Enhancing the theme
All good ideas. How do you feel about the play of DG? It's one pulled off the shelf a lot for my group.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2015, 03:49 PM
(07-17-2015 02:26 PM)mqstout Wrote:  All good ideas. How do you feel about the play of DG? It's one pulled off the shelf a lot for my group.

It moves fast and the play is varied per hand. In competitive, I like the fact that strikes slam the other players (simulating the villains attacks). In coop it's all about the build of Shadow cards. As a card game, it is great. But I loved the storytelling of the board game and want to get more of that.

07-20-2015, 03:12 AM
(07-17-2015 03:49 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  
(07-17-2015 02:26 PM)mqstout Wrote:  All good ideas. How do you feel about the play of DG? It's one pulled off the shelf a lot for my group.

It moves fast and the play is varied per hand. In competitive, I like the fact that strikes slam the other players (simulating the villains attacks). In coop it's all about the build of Shadow cards. As a card game, it is great. But I loved the storytelling of the board game and want to get more of that.

Ok, my thinking exactly...spot on!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply