Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Escape: The Curse of the Temple
11-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Escape: The Curse of the Temple
Got this game two weeks ago and I'm loving it! Who here has tried this before?

Escape is a cooperative real-time game for 2-5 players that plays in 10 minutes guaranteed. Takes less than 5 minutes to set up, and has easy to learn mechanics. You play as a group of adventurers trapped in a cursed temple and you need to get out within 10 minutes or else you'll be trapped forever. To get out, you need to explore the temple, activate a certain number of mystical gems and find the exit. It's a real-time game so there are no turns - you just keep rolling and rolling dice until you fulfill the objectives or time runs out.

Amazing filler game that's perfect for wrapping up a long LNOE session, you can play 2 games in half an hour. It also includes the Curses and Treasures game modules for an added challenge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: Escape: The Curse of the Temple
I own it myself and like it very much.
As you said, it's perfect to wrap up a gaming session - or to start it, cause it really brings up the pulse. Zombie17
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
My wife isn't into gaming at all and this is her favorite by far normally when we sit down to play we play 5-10 rounds of Escape.
11-12-2013, 08:06 PM
I played it once at a game shop board gaming event, but my experience was tarnished by the fact that we couldn't really hear the audio. I may also have been playing the wrong file from the internet (we had nothing to play the cd with). I've certainly heard good things though!

People appear to have fun with the Quests expansion (especially if you've already played the game a good dozen times), but the Illusions expansion sounds like it leaves something to be desired. And yes, I spend more time reading about board games than actually playing them.

The same people are releasing Escape from Zombie City, which is suppose to be a very similar version only this time lasting 15 minutes instead of 10.
11-12-2013, 08:08 PM
(11-12-2013 08:06 PM)Mello Man Wrote:  I played it once at a game shop board gaming event, but my experience was tarnished by the fact that we couldn't really hear the audio. I may also have been playing the wrong file from the internet (we had nothing to play the cd with). I've certainly heard good things though!

People appear to have fun with the Quests expansion (especially if you've already played the game a good dozen times), but the Illusions expansion sounds like it leaves something to be desired. And yes, I spend more time reading about board games than actually playing them.

The same people are releasing Escape from Zombie City, which is suppose to be a very similar version only this time lasting 15 minutes instead of 10.

If you put your phone or tablet or whatever in a bowl it applifies the sound nicely.
11-15-2013, 05:21 AM
It's nice to see other people here have tried and liked the game! I think the soundtrack makes the game - there's a sandtimer included so you can play it without the sound, but in my experience it lessens the tension and its easy to forget about the timer.

I learned about Escape fron Zombie City after getting this; had I known about it sooner, I might've gotten that instead.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2013, 05:53 AM
We played this game once and liked it but it just sits there. I am curious about zombie city, maybe I should dump my curse of the temple stuff now. I did just back Run Fight or Die which probably will be better.