Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Escape The Manor House
03-18-2023, 09:28 PM
Escape The Manor House
By now most of us know about the whole Mall Madness scenario. I got to thinking about using other alternative game boards, and I felt like the game of Clue seems like it might somewhat match the vibe of LNOE. So I'm kicking around the idea of a scenario where the heroes find themselves trapped in the Manor House and need to find the keys (or some other sort of McGuffin,) to escape. I like the idea of the Clue board representing the Manor House. But I'm not sure how playable it would be. The spaces are only big enough for a single LNOE model each, (actually they are slightly smaller.) I don't think I want to alter the board. It'll probably never look that great and besides, I'd love for other people to be able to try it themselves, just like they can with Last Night At The Mall.

I'm thinking maybe fights should happen with any adjacent spaces, rather than sharing the space? I'm also guessing that some tweaks to the movement rules will probably be in order. It might create some good tension having the heroes stuck in fairly narrow hallways, making it hard to avoid being swarmed. But maybe letting the zombies ignore walls might give them too much of an edge here? I love the "secret passageways" between the corner rooms of the Clue board. It's very much a movie trope, so it kind of fits the LNOE flavor. But the rooms themselves aren't divided into spaces, each room is it's own giant space, which I'm not sure I love for this. I guess I could take a ruler, and a sharpie, and just continue the grid patter into the rooms, but again, I'm not sure I'm into modifying the board. Part of the fun to me is using another well-known game board as-is. If anyone has any ideas about how they think Hero and/or Zombie movement should work or any other insights, I'm happy to hear them.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2023, 10:00 PM
RE: Escape The Manor House
Perhaps the Mansions of Madness Tile set up would do nicely.In some of their scenarios they have keys you need to find.
The size of the spaces on the Tiles should handle the Zombies. The Room Tiles aren't on a grid but they are divided
into spaces.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-19-2023, 01:27 PM
RE: Escape The Manor House
This actually came into my mind last weekend haha!

Im not looking at a Clue board at the moment, but could you combine spaces (outline them) on the board, making them bigger spaces by chance? That way you could possibly keep the fighting aspects the same? (fighting in the same space)

I actually thought about trying this if I could find a used Clue game at thrift shop or something similar!