Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Escape in the Truck Reimagined
04-05-2013, 03:31 AM
RE: Escape in the Truck Reimagined
Very awesome work deepfreeze. Will give it a try.
Don't know much about Zombicide and the noise rules.
But I am interested in what you all come up with.

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 03:43 AM by deepfreeze.)
(04-05-2013 03:31 AM)maxfool Wrote:  Very awesome work deepfreeze. Will give it a try.
Don't know much about Zombicide and the noise rules.
But I am interested in what you all come up with.

Thank you!

BTW for further noise rule discussion please use the other post I made. I personally think it is kind of a cool idea but probably not necessary. Also definitely not a part of the Escape in the Truck Scenario. (that's the main reason that I made another thread about it lol) I threw out some ideas there if people want to discuss it more.

I am working on a way to describe the end of this scenario better. I like everything the way it is, but I think there is a better way to explain it.

Also if anyone gets a chance to try the new Escape in the Truck please let me know how it goes! I hope to get to try it next weekend.
04-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I like it. Nice work. As someone who prefers to be the zombies, the thought never occurred to me to load up the truck space with deadheads. I always played them like I thought a zombie should behave. But, just for poops & giggles, I may have to try that just once. For comedic effect. >Watchmen02 MMMWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!
04-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Would the truck explode if you threw some dynamite over in the space

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 07:35 AM
(04-05-2013 10:22 PM)SirTommyKittens Wrote:  I like it. Nice work. As someone who prefers to be the zombies, the thought never occurred to me to load up the truck space with deadheads. I always played them like I thought a zombie should behave. But, just for poops & giggles, I may have to try that just once. For comedic effect. >Watchmen02 MMMWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!

You are playing it right!

Also, Friskers - I actually thought about that. The explosives didn't damage the truck in the original scenario, and I don't want to take away another option for the Hero's to clear zombies. I think the end of this scenario you almost need to use the gasoline/dynamite to clear the horde that will inevitably be in and around the truck. You should house rule it if you want, but I don't think it should be in the rules.

That is a work truck. It can stand up to a few explosions!
04-06-2013, 08:51 AM
(04-05-2013 10:22 PM)SirTommyKittens Wrote:  I like it. Nice work. As someone who prefers to be the zombies, the thought never occurred to me to load up the truck space with deadheads. I always played them like I thought a zombie should behave. But, just for poops & giggles, I may have to try that just once. For comedic effect. >Watchmen02 MMMWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!

I'm with you on this one - though I have placed 2 or 3 zombies in / on the truck whilst using the others to be more proactively threatening.
04-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I see the comedic and strategic value of camping the truck but it irks me everytime I see it happen. It's like the paladin stealing the enchanted sword to vanquish the litch king... I just can't see zombies going after objectives over heros just not they're style...

04-06-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 04:44 PM by deepfreeze.)
Ya you have to play the zombies like zombies! It is ok to be strategic, but there is a fine line between strategy and being lame. I always tell new players that the point of the game is not to win, it is make a cool zombie story.

Also, you have to play the heros like humans. Like the time Billy left the cabin angry after watching his girlfriend get nailed by the drifter lol.
04-06-2013, 10:32 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA!! I bet Billy was searching for a shotgun on his turn...

04-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Ok, I tried to consolidate all of the clarifications back into the official instructions. I hope this is clear. Please LMK if you can think of a simpler way to explain all of this and also let me know how it goes if anyone gives this a try! Thank you again everyone for the kind words.

1) Place the truck in the center of Town. Remove all of the Gasoline cards from the Hero Deck. The Gasoline is obtained from a "Well Stocked" Gas Station that cannot be taken over. Place counters 1-6 facedown in random buildings. Roll a d6 to determine the counter that is the Truck Keys.

2) Heros can replace their move/search roll with a d6 to look for the Truck Keys. On the roll of 1-3 Take a Hero Card. On the roll of 4+ reveal the counter.
-If Hero is killed carrying Truck Keys then their Zombie Hero must be killed to recover them.

3) To fill up the truck with gas a Hero must give up their turn in the truck and discard the Gasoline.

4) Once the Heros attempt to start the truck, the Hero with the Truck Keys becomes "The Driver" and the"Escape Phase" begins.
-To attempt to start the Truck and begin the "Escape Phase", the Hero with the Truck Keys must give up their turn at the truck and roll a d6 for each Hero in truck. The truck starts on the roll of 6.

5) Escape phase - The following rule changes are now in effect.
-The Driver always goes first in subsequent human turns. All the driver can do is attempt to start the truck. They cannot fight, shoot range weapons, or use special abilities. If the Driver is ever left alone with a zombie then they are immediately killed and the game is over.
-the sun tracker stops and the 4 Hero death win condition no longer applies.
-Heros cannot leave the truck but can get on the truck.
-Heros killed DO become Zombie Heros and Heros DO NOT respawn.
-Fights on the truck only happen on Zombie turn and when Heros win they knock the zombies 1 space out of the truck (Heros Choice).

6) Once truck is started all zombies or Zombie Heros in the truck must be either killed or knocked off the truck by beating them in a fight. No more zombies can get onto the truck after it has started and the Zombie player can not draw new cards.-Driver now rolls 2 dice at the start of each subsequent hero turn that the humans fail to clear the truck. If the Driver rolls doubles then the truck crashes and the escape failed.