Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Escape through the Windows - Question
05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Escape through the Windows - Question
The card says that you can't end your move in a building. The question is, are you allowed to end in the Manor House? It doesn't have any rolling numbers, and I am under the impression that buildings are only the ones that have the numbers for rolling.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 01:22 PM
RE: Escape through the Windows - Question
We would play that the mansion counts as a building, it just can't be randomly rolled as a choice.
05-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Agreed. The Manor House is a Building, so a Hero cannot end their Move there with Escape Through the Windows. It could be selected for Lights Out for example, or for Surprise Attack - both of those cards instruct the Zombie Player to choose a Building, not randomly. There are probably others. We wouldn't want non-numbered building excluded in any of those cases.

There is nothing that limits Buildings, or Buildings of choice, to only those with numbers for rolling. But those buildings do have certain limitations - they typically can't be rolled randomly, and they don't have applicable Survival Decks, etc.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Alright... I played it incorrect.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.
05-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Just some official points regarding the Manor House. These comments were made by Jason C.Hill and links are included.

it IS still a building but may not be rolled randomly (it may also not be chosen for a Random Building result of 'Hero's/Zombie's Choice'). The Manor House is different from other buildings in several ways (no searching, no Random Number set, it's in the Center of the board, etc). You'll also notice that in the Growing Hunger Rulebook, the different 'rooms' of the Manor House are also now named (this has to do with Free Search Markers and future Scenarios).
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/2213622#2213622

The Manor House is an exception to the normal rules because it is a special type of building (sort of an 'objective' building if you will). You can't search there and it has no Random Building numbers so it cannot be rolled or chosen for a Random Building. It is still a building in the sense that while inside, you are in a 'building space' and it CAN be chosen as the target building for cards that do not target a 'Random Building' (such as 'Lights Out' or 'Lizzie, The Shopkeeper'.
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/2328835#2328835

Hope this helpsWatchmen02
05-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks Trev,

I tried searching the boards, but I guess I should have been looking more for Manor House than Escape through the Windows comments =).

Thanks for the great info, and the reminder from the Growing Hunger Rulebook.
05-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Oo ooh, didn't know you could use lights out on it!