Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever play "Zombies!!!" by Twilight Creations?
06-16-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: Ever play "Zombies!!!" by Twilight Creations?
I have no idea why they did have to state " two super gay lesbians"... seems like a waste of space to me. :P
Now who is being the smartass here? hehehe

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Many, many years ago. I had a voucher for a book store given to me as a Christmas gift. At the bookstore I still had some money left over once I had purchased my book and as they don't give change on vouchers I picked up the game which was on clearance for £5. I played it over the holidays with my family and then forgot about it.

One day it just popped into my head and I decided to look it up. The first game that came up in google was LNoE. The second was Zombies!!! I still want to buy Zombies!!! again one day. But I'm very happy with LNoE for now to satisfy my zombie needs.
Find all posts by this user
06-17-2012, 04:33 PM
(06-16-2012 06:20 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  You can't make this stuff up-here is a "Zombies" Review by
Lesbians!

http://lesbigamerz.blogspot.com.au/2012/...mbies.html

OD

Does sexual orientation matter in shaping one's opinion on board games?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
06-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Not Really unless it's this Board Game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2...n-go-naked

( I have the 60'S Version....well it was THE 60's! )

OD (considering the folly of his younger days)

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-17-2012, 07:41 PM
(06-17-2012 07:29 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Not Really unless it's this Board Game:

can this be a solo game? lol
06-17-2012, 08:35 PM
(06-17-2012 07:29 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Not Really unless it's this Board Game:

Thanks for the enlightenment, OD. Must be some crazy haunted memories of the past. No wonder you ended up in here with the rest of us loons Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
06-17-2012, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012 10:47 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Well as the saying goes if you remember the 60's you weren't
thereZombie02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-16-2012, 07:36 PM
I finally got a chance to try "Zombies!!!" at my gaming group. One of the guys brought it with him last week, but we didn’t get a chance to play. I asked him to bring it back if he came again this week. He brought it along again this week, so we played it before Last Night On Earth.

There is apparently a shorter version of the game and a longer version of the game. We opted for the shorter version just to give it a try. As it is... the "shorter" version wound up taking us around an hour and a half to play, as it seemed to take forever for the helicopter to show up.

At that point, we were all kinda getting to the point where we'd had enough of the game and wanted to move on to play Last Night On Earth. Most of the guys didn't seem to like "Zombies!!!" I personally liked it, but it is definitely not one I'd want to play over and over and over.

The game play was very simplistic and repetitive. Plus. a lot of the things seemed kind of wrong thematically. We were kind of like zombie snobs. LOL! We kept thinking things like:

"Zombies can only move through doors? That seems dumb."

and

"There can't be more than one zombie in the same space? How does that make sense at all?"

Overall, I thought it was a fun little game, but definitely not one you'd feature a game night around.
08-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the post, StayPuft! I had been looking at Zombies!!! as well this week, but from what I read it seemed like I should just stick with LNOE. Seems like it's the right thing to do after hearing your experience with it. =)
08-17-2012, 05:46 AM
I first played Zombies!!! back in 2000 or so. We found it to be rules light, very beer-and-pretzel-ly, and usually started to wear thin about halfway through. There are a TON of house rules and modifications online to complement (or replace) the game play, but the base game never interested me enough to bother to try any (or to pick up more than the initial card expansion). When I finally got around to trying out LNoE (maybe a year after it was released and I'd read a lot of good things about it), if kinda hit the spot for what I want in a zombie game. (I watched some people play the Walking Dead game tonight. It was definitely a different 'scale' of game, but didn't look as much fun to me...)