Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever think you'd be this obsessed with a board game?
06-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Ever think you'd be this obsessed with a board game?
Am I the only one who has to stop and think about this from time to time and kind of chuckle to myself? I mean, who in the world would ever think you could become this obsessed with a board game?

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE board games. I have played a lot of them. In fact, I even love a lot of specific board games. I am a big fan of Life, for example.

But, even with that, no board game has ever become one of my obsessions. They are fun, and all. I'd pick them up and play from time to time. But, I've never loved a board game as much as I love Last Night On Earth. I honestly can't help but think it is kind of funny when I stop to think about it. There is just something about this game...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Ever think you'd be this obsessed with a board game?
Same here. Since the day I got it and forced my wife to play with me (in the end, she didn't want to admit it but she enjoyed it as well), I do find myself spending alot of time thinking about it. Alot of that has to do with my desire to build a complete 3D version of the board (I'm only halfway through the diner and barn so far).
06-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I think we share the same disorder. The only treatment is to play an obsessive amount of LNoE. However, the relief never lasts. In fact, the obsessive thoughts usually come back stronger after each session. The thing is, you're feeling kinda strange because you're hungry.... hungry for braaiiins. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-14-2012, 07:47 PM
LOL! Yeah, that happened to me too, including the wife-has-to-play-element, hehe.

Maybe we're being Zombified... hmm.
06-14-2012, 07:53 PM
You wanna talk about obsession? This is me and my wife on honeymoon in 2009. What more can I say...

06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
(06-14-2012 07:53 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  You wanna talk about obsession? This is me and my wife on honeymoon in 2009. What more can I say...

Wow!!! Hahahahaha, that's it, samuraitrev jackpotted as the ultimate addicted Zombie gamer! Since 2009!
06-14-2012, 08:28 PM
I feel the same way about this game. I have started creating heroes and scenarios..
I just wish there was a FFG board graphic creation package. That money would have already been sent!!

Not the face!! Not the face!!
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Im just a game Junky. I prefer game with out dice! (I cant stand settlers of catan, btw) The only game i enjoy that uses dice, also has Zombies, (my personal fav is anything with Zombies) The majority of Zombie games also rely on dice as a determining mechanic. The majority of Zombie games suck, it basically no fun being the Zombie.

Last Night On Earth has broken that mold for me. It allows actual, controllable Zombie game play (ok, it has hunger, but Zombie do have to eat) The game play is strategic and exciting for the Zombie player (humans too)

The game i take to my game club
Power Grid, with Benelux ( i want more boards)
Egiza
First Spark
Homesteader
Carcassonne (base+builder&trader+catherdrals&inns)
Fluxx (Zombie & Stoner)
Guillotine
Cheeky Monkey
Zombie Dice w/ the expansion
Last Night On Earth w/ GH, HP1,SOTF, 2 supplement (we know which one is missing)

Notice a pattern ? I only have 2 games that have dice, but both have Zombies.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
06-14-2012, 09:11 PM
(06-14-2012 08:51 PM)PJON Wrote:  The game i take to my game club
Egiza
First Spark
Homesteader
Fluxx (Zombie & Stoner)
Guillotine
Cheeky Monkey
Last Night On Earth w/ GH, HP1,SOTF, 2 supplement (we know which one is missing)

Damn... I have no idea of how to play these other games ! I've never heard of them here in Brazil at all! I think I'll grab a ticket to the US and buy myself some "souvenirs" Zombie03
06-14-2012, 09:15 PM
(06-14-2012 09:11 PM)LFuzer Wrote:  
(06-14-2012 08:51 PM)PJON Wrote:  The game i take to my game club
Egiza
First Spark
Homesteader
Fluxx (Zombie & Stoner)
Guillotine
Cheeky Monkey

Damn... I have no idea of how to play these other games ! I've never heard of them here in Brazil at all! I think I'll grab a ticket to the US and buy myself some "souvenirs" Zombie03

I dont like Comics either. Yet, im a fam of Solomon Grundy and the Black Lantern. When is that Super Hero movie coming out Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05