Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever think you'd be this obsessed with a board game?
06-15-2012, 01:00 AM
RE: Ever think you'd be this obsessed with a board game?
Thanks for the +1 rep LFuzer. I just wish the honeymoon could've been longer (to play more LNoE)Zombie17

Just kidding. I struck gold.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2012, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2012 02:29 AM by vikinglad.)
Gaming wives are the best! LNOE rekindled a love of boardgaming in my heart that had been long dead. Now that love is undead. It also turned my wife on to boardgames and gave us a great new hobby to do together. Now we have ATOE, FANG, and gangloads of Heroscape, among others. It has been a great ride.
06-15-2012, 06:36 AM
(06-14-2012 07:53 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  You wanna talk about obsession? This is me and my wife on honeymoon in 2009. What more can I say...

What's the point of honeymoons if not to play LNoE?

Thanks Trev for showing the world the key to healthy relationships. Watchmen02

Don't be suprised if your baby's first word is BraAaainnss!

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Haha Trev, awesome! It's officlal now chief...you are nuts! Hehehe

PJON, have you checked out Malifaux? The dice have been replaced with cards. It has a neat system of finding out wich player wins. It involves bluf and a little something called cheating faith. It's a nice change in combat resolving.

I would not call myself obsessed with boardgames in general. Only thing I have about LNOE is that it introduced me to those people wich started Flying Frog Productions. And that they caught my attention so much that I just must have all their games. I own LNOE with all expansion, IFOS (with the expansions) and COPE. And my closest friend has ATOE and we bought him FANG for his new years gift. So together we own and play everything FFP throws at us Zombie17

I am the reason God stopped watching.
06-15-2012, 10:36 AM
My obsession occured while playing LNOE, i discovered ATOE. Me and my wife absoluteley love atoe theme, mechanics and replayability.

So now im stuck with two games i will purchase all supplements for..sigh.
06-15-2012, 05:22 PM
I love this game. I've thought about the secrets of the town and all that, what happened on "the day everything changed" what happened to Sally's mom. What connection does the Sherriff have to the Drifter?
06-15-2012, 05:22 PM
LOL! Yeah, I think samuraitrev takes the cake bringing the game on his honeymoon. ;-)

Last Night One Earth introduced me to Flying Frog Productions as well. Every one of their games looks awesome! I definitely think I'll have to eventually pick them all up. But, for now, I am too obsessed with LNOE to get them yet.
06-18-2012, 04:48 PM
(06-15-2012 07:49 AM)Emp Wrote:  Haha Trev, awesome! It's officlal now chief...you are nuts! Hehehe

PJON, have you checked out Malifaux? The dice have been replaced with cards. It has a neat system of finding out wich player wins. It involves bluf and a little something called cheating faith. It's a nice change in combat resolving.

I would not call myself obsessed with boardgames in general. Only thing I have about LNOE is that it introduced me to those people wich started Flying Frog Productions. And that they caught my attention so much that I just must have all their games. I own LNOE with all expansion, IFOS (with the expansions) and COPE. And my closest friend has ATOE and we bought him FANG for his new years gift. So together we own and play everything FFP throws at us Zombie17

Hi Emp. Malifaux seems intertesting. i do like the "twisting" your own fate idea. and the scenery is kewl too. Thankz, i will check into more.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
06-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Warning: Malifaux is a full-on miniatures game and gets very expensive very quickly.
06-18-2012, 06:34 PM
(06-18-2012 05:27 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Warning: Malifaux is a full-on miniatures game and gets very expensive very quickly.

It's costly compared to the average board game but it seems worth every penny. A friend of mine has decided to invest in this game and I can't wait to try it out once he gets a hand full of minis painted.

For anyone interested here's a guide if you consider getting it.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"