Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evil Dead / Army of Darkness Expansion - Work in Progress
01-23-2017, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2017 06:11 PM by BigDumbYak.)
RE: Evil Dead / Army of Darkness Expansion - Work in Progress
Oooh, those are good!
I think I like Who's Laughing Now?.
Thematically using his experience fighting deadites, he would be better at killing them than anyone else.

I'll probably work some of the others into Hero Events or Item Cards

(01-23-2017 05:55 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
Check out this Necromonicon counter I made. You're obviously a big Evil Dead fan. Tell you what Bigdumbyak because I'm a kind soul PM me your address and I will make and paint you one. Then I'll post it. How does that sound. All free of courseWatchmen02

That is Bad-Ass! Thanks!

*This Player's Motivation is increased by 1D6 until the end of the Project
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Pretty cool idea. I love this trend. I just wonder why this project took so long to start!

I really liked Samuraitrev’s suggestions for Ash skills.

Here some ideas

I once created a scenario for fun, where Ash was a possible “special scenario hero” among three choices (the other two being Gatsu, from Berserk and The Black Gunslinger, from the Dark Tower).

I used the following skills for Ash:
• Survivor: Starts with a shotgun, ammo and chainsaw
• Ace in the hand: At the end of the Zombie turn can draw a card for each Zombie player (even outside buildings). Zombie players draw a card.
• Ladiesman: Rolls an extra fight dice for each female in the same space
• Haunted: While alive, zombies always spawn (this was the common characteristic of the three possible heroes).

Ace in the hand is similar in theme as resourceful, which I believe is the most characteristic skill of Ash. The ability is much more powerful however, but coming with a drawback. This represents for me the fact that once Ash arrives anywhere (I mean the cabin, the medieval alternative world, or even when he goes back home, evil appears, but he yet manages to use no matter what to eliminate deadites… and safe the girl).

As for the other characters, in the film we have little information about them, so we can only use the few details and phrases they use, here some suggestions:

Sir Arthur:
Options
• Armour: whenever wounded on a 5+ ignore that wound.
• Swordsman: If bearing a weapon, wins on ties
• Laceless shoes: On a roll of 1 during the movement phase, can move an extra space. (This is crappy, but the scene of the shoes is pretty funny…)

Duke Henry:
Options
• Second chance: May take a wound and reroll one dice including movement, weapon break check, or combat own or enemy… (like when he escapes death after Ash killing the pit deadite).
• Right on time: Can skip his next turn to try to cancel the effects of a zombie event card on a roll of 4+ (e.g. when he arrives with his army at the end of the movie to help in the fight against deadites).

Sheila:
• Raised in a barn (like farm-girl)
• Stone throwing: In the range-weapon phase, she can attempt an attack range 2 with hitting chance of 6+.
• Beautiful: Male heroes in the same space roll an extra fight dice (Holy man doesn’t get the bonus).

The wiseman (Holy man):
Options
• Speak the words: May take a wound to look at the top three Zombie cards and discard one. Use this ability only when The Wiseman is in a building and no zombies on her space.
• Holy man (even if he’s not a priest, it kinda feels good for a devoted wiseman like him with knowledge of the occult to have this ability, and thank god he won’t be affected by this could be our last night on earth).

The blacksmith:
• Repair: Any time he has 5 or higher for movement, instead of Searching, may take any non-Weapon Item out of the Hero discard pile.
• Ha hu hay ya!!!: If wins a combat without doubles, can re-roll any number of fight dices to try to get doubles. Only once per fight.

Every species of ant has its own species of zombi fungi that it gets infected by.
01-25-2017, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2017 02:57 PM by BigDumbYak.)
Excellent. That's some pretty good ideas.
I had not thought about using the blacksmith as a hero character. He may get a promotion from 'Townsfolk' to Hero.

Sheila seems to be the only option for a female Hero Character, even though she gets kidnapped and turned to the deadite side. I already have a 'Scenario Character' for Evil Sheila' in the works.

This is great input! Next time I get a chance to sit down at my computer, I'll have something to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this yesterday. This will help with making the boards!
[Image: c3affc0f2f3bc02f9dc4572b1dd9388e.jpg]

I'm thinking for the Center board, one side is The Cabin and the other side is Castle Kandar.

01-26-2017, 05:34 PM
Hey, if anyone has a layout for Castle Kandar, let me know. I can come up with something by rewatching and drawing, but if it already exists... Watchmen02[Image: 4f67dc017ab8197caad5ff5aaaf29633.jpg]

02-13-2017, 09:36 PM
While working on the Castle (which I'm putting WAY too much effort into figuring out the layout) I made up a few cards.

Quote:The first two of them are standard LNOE cards, with an Army of Darkness flavour.
Just What I needed
[Image: Just-What-I-Needed_zpsdzxkmugm.png]

This Could be our Last Night on Earth
[Image: This-Could-Be-Our-Last-Night-On-Earth_zps6vdetadh.png]

Code:
The others two are NEW.  Please check them out. Feedback would be great, as I know they can be improved.  Especially the Title of the Gauntlet, and the wording on the Zombie Event
Weapon - Melee - Groovy Gauntlet
[Image: Groovy-Gauntlet_zpsiby1jqri.png]

Zombie Event - I'll Cut Yer Gizzard Out
[Image: Ill%20cut%20yer%20gizzard%20out_zpsjeuq5olz.png]
02-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Fun cards!

Does Gauntlet take up one of your "hands" worth of items?

For Gizzard, is the zombie's movement frozen for the rest of the game?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-14-2017, 01:58 PM
(02-14-2017 11:52 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  Fun cards!

Does Gauntlet take up one of your "hands" worth of items?

Good question! It shouldn't take up a hand, as it IS a hand. I'll work on the wording.

(02-14-2017 11:52 AM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  For Gizzard, is the zombie's movement frozen for the rest of the game?
Yeah, the idea is that this specific zombie is unable to move until killed. After that they head back to the zombie pool.

02-14-2017, 04:55 PM
New wording:

Quote:Groovy Gauntlet
Weapon - Melee

The Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice and wins on ties.

After each use, Roll to see if the Gauntlet
breaks. Discard it on a 1 or 2.

The Gauntlet does not count towards a
Hero's Weapon Carried total, but DOES
count as an item.

OR

Quote:Groovy Gauntlet
Weapon - Melee

Before each use, Roll to see if the Gauntlet
malfunctions. On a 1 or 2 it is unusable this Turn.

The Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice and wins on ties.

The Gauntlet does not count towards a
Hero's Weapon Carried total, but DOES
count as an item.
02-26-2017, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 01:57 AM by fallensaviour.)
Excellent,I'm a huge Ash fan and the game just isn't the same with out him.
We've been using him for years already.There are lots of great ash figures out there.
I posted mine painted up years ago.
Great ideas so far and excellent work on the cards keep them coming.
02-28-2017, 08:19 PM
The cards are great thank you for taking the time to make them. Please put them in the Downloads section when you've finished them. If you would like the rest of the community to enjoy your creations!Zombie17