Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evil Elders - Do they still remain even after a full fight?
07-01-2013, 02:07 AM
Evil Elders - Do they still remain even after a full fight?
I have had a chance to play A Touch Of Evil a few times now, and have had quite a few questions come up. My next question was regarding Evil Elders. Once they are revealed to be evil (either by somebody accusing them once a Showdown has started, or by somebody selecting them for their hunting party, and either way they were revealed to be evil) do they remain with the villain until they are killed?

In other words, say the hero does not succeed in killing the villain, or any of the Evil Elders. The hero is either knocked out, or runs from the fight. The next time a hero initiates a Showdown, are the Evil Elders still there? If not, what happens to them? Do they go back and somebody has to accuse them again?

I would assume that they remain, (especially since that makes the most sense thematically) but I was not 100% sure.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 04:23 AM
RE: Evil Elders - Do they still remain even after a full fight?
(07-01-2013 02:07 AM)StayPuft Wrote:  I have had a chance to play A Touch Of Evil a few times now, and have had quite a few questions come up. My next question was regarding Evil Elders. Once they are revealed to be evil (either by somebody accusing them once a Showdown has started, or by somebody selecting them for their hunting party, and either way they were revealed to be evil) do they remain with the villain until they are killed?

In other words, say the hero does not succeed in killing the villain, or any of the Evil Elders. The hero is either knocked out, or runs from the fight. The next time a hero initiates a Showdown, are the Evil Elders still there? If not, what happens to them? Do they go back and somebody has to accuse them again?

I would assume that they remain, (especially since that makes the most sense thematically) but I was not 100% sure.

They stay with the Villain. It doesn't say to do anything thin else with them, therefore you don't do anything else with them. Zombie03 Strictest interpretation of the rules is best w/ ATOE/FFP. Watchmen02

P.15
Quote:Evil Elders
When a Town Elder is shown to be evil,
they cease to be a Town Elder and
instead become an Evil Elder.
The card is flipped over, any
Secrets they had are discarded,
and they are repositioned next to
the Villain’s Record Sheet. Evil
Elders give the Villain +1 Combat and
have one Wound.
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
07-02-2013, 04:16 AM
RE: Evil Elders - Do they still remain even after a full fight?
Thank you. That is what I thought, but as always I like to ask anyway when I am not 100% sure about something. I like to be as accurate as I possibly can when I play these games.