Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Excellent play last night
07-03-2012, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 09:57 AM by argailwall.)
Excellent play last night
We had a gaming session last night(on earth?) and played the escape in the truck scenario
Excellent one, it was my first time playing it, and despite what some people say being easy for the heros, in our situation it was very balanced.
We were 6 players, i was one of the zombie masters, the heroes had difficult time finding the scenario objects, Jake found a gasoline pretty soon but billy found the keys around 5 turns before the end
the problem for them was that they could not fill the gas, difficult time finding way around the zombies and to the truck, it was also heavy raining.
Jake was feeling kinda strange and could not trade items, so he had to use the gas himself. 2 rounds before the end jake was one square away from the truck still feeling strange and cannot trade and then he felt overconfident and a zombie hero sherrif came to him. it was all about this roll, how much will the zombie hero move if it caught him he would lose the game and it did. Jake could not move unless killing zombie, or taking wound, but a wound would turn him into a zombie and the zombie had 3 wounds before dying(these loops are what i learned to love in magic the gathering 14 years ago)
and the rotten won the night!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: Excellent play last night
Excellent account of the nightly horrors in Woodinvale. It sounds like a tense and tight session. That's the kind of game that I love sooo much about LNoE. You must have had a blast.

Escape in the truck is often critized for leaving too much up to chance. Although that holds some truth it's definitely one of my favorite scenarios as it spells classic B movie fun. I think I must have played it a gazillion times and only on few occasions has it been an easy win for the Heroes.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2012, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 08:43 PM by samuraitrev.)
How many games have we all had where the outcome just hinged on a single roll or "If only I'd just played this..." etc. Obviously this is balanced by loads of great B-Movie action too. What a game! Thanks for sharing. It's always good to know the outcomes in the games you guys are having!
07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
(07-03-2012 09:32 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Escape in the truck is often critized for leaving too much up to chance. Although that holds some truth it's definitely one of my favorite scenarios as it spells classic B movie fun. I think I must have played it a gazillion times and only on few occasions has it been an easy win for the Heroes.

You know something? That is actually exactly why I love it. It is one of my favorite scenarios so far. To me, I love that a lot of it is up to luck. To me, that makes for a fairer, more balanced game. I feel like a good board game always includes both skill and luck. Why? Because then everybody has reasonably equal chances of winning, whether brand new to the game or a veteran, whether they play board games all the time, or aren't a big fan, etc.

Plus. that sort of situation fits in perfectly thematically. Skill can get you far in zombie movies, but often times you need luck on your side as well.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your game report! That definitely sounds like an awesome game play. Those are the best kind of games, when it comes down to the wire and could easily have gone either way.