Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak
03-17-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Expansion announced for LNOE! Timber Peak
(03-15-2013 03:46 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I found this here http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165464 lol at the spelling mistake 'Sister Ophelia, the reformed man'. New information includes new fire and upgrade stuff. Bring it on!

'Expected release: 2013. Date subject to change.
The Blood in the Forest Expansion sees the heroes fight their way deeper into the forested mountains, and can be added to LNOE: Timber Peak or directly to the original Last Night on Earth. Featuring a full set of new Forest Boards (4 Comers and 4 Straight pieces) as well as a new double-sided Forest Center Board (with the Airfield), a set of 7 vicious new Feral Zombies, 2 new Heroes (Sister Ophelia, the reformed man, Agent Carter, an FBI agent who knows more about the outbreak than he lets on), as well as a host of new Hero and Zombie cards, counters, scenarios, and game mechanics. Blood in the Forest also expands on the Fire and Upgrades systems originally introduced in LNOE: Timber Peak. As the Zombie plague spreads, the forests will run red!'

Any idea on if promos will be offered through flyingfrog for ordering through them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
(03-17-2013 07:43 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Any idea on if promos will be offered through flyingfrog for ordering through them?

I haven't heard anything yet. I would keep my eyes peeled though.
03-20-2013, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 06:38 PM by samuraitrev.)
More info pulled from the bgg. What are the Zombie Behemoths? http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/949099/p...a-are-here

'The Blood in the Forest™ Expansion sees the Heroes fight their way deeper into the forested mountains, and can be added to LNOE: Timber Peak™ or directly to the original Last Night on Earth®. Featuring a full set of new Forest Boards (4 Corners and 4 Straight pieces) as well as a new double-sided Forest Center Board (with the Airfield), two new types of Zombie figures to hunt down the Heroes – a pack of vicious Feral Zombies and the menacing Zombie Behemoths, 2 new Heroes (Sister Ophelia, the reformed nun, and Agent Carter, an FBI agent who knows more about the outbreak than he lets on), as well as a host of new Hero and Zombie cards, counters, Scenarios, and Game Mechanics. Blood in the Forest™ also expands on the Experience system originally introduced in LNOE: Timber Peak™. As the Zombie plague spreads, the forests will run red!'

03-21-2013, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 11:32 PM by kassle.)
I'm still intrigued by the turn of phrase "2 new Heroes"...

Since every other expansion has come with 4 characters, I am still crossing my fingers for more survivors. Since the two characters specified are new, I am hoping we see 2 more returning survivors (who maybe got lost or separated from the group on their way to Timber Peaks).

Personally I am rooting for Amanda and Rochelle, although I imagine we'd see at least one more male. Sam works. Zombie03
03-22-2013, 01:19 PM
I think survivor heroes will be a big part of this and future expansions. But not all the original cast will get the 'upgrade'.
03-22-2013, 02:24 PM
(03-21-2013 11:32 PM)kassle Wrote:  I'm still intrigued by the turn of phrase "2 new Heroes"...

Since every other expansion has come with 4 characters, I am still crossing my fingers for more survivors. Since the two characters specified are new, I am hoping we see 2 more returning survivors (who maybe got lost or separated from the group on their way to Timber Peaks).

Personally I am rooting for Amanda and Rochelle, although I imagine we'd see at least one more male. Sam works. Zombie03

I wanna see some Victor make it out!
03-22-2013, 03:28 PM
For those who haven't seen it yet, here it is, straight from GAMMA

03-22-2013, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2013 06:05 PM by alderdust.)
So after watching the video I was able to read all of the card for Sister Ophelia.

She has 3 wounds.

She also has:

Redemption: May take a wound to cancel a fight on the roll of 3+.

Dark Past: Anytime she kills a zombie, roll a D6, on a roll of 4+ she may heal a wound.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am curious about the new spawning point colors...why the yellow?

Also the only time I could imagine redemption being useful is if the feral or behemoth zombie can cause more than 1 wound in a fight otherwise you are taking a wound to avoid either additional wounds or maybe a vicious attack card of sorts.
03-22-2013, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2013 05:11 PM by samuraitrev.)
Thanks for posting Anim8r!

+ 1 Rep
03-22-2013, 06:30 PM
My pleasure good sir Watchmen02