Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Expansions for Something Wicked?
11-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Expansions for Something Wicked?
Hi all,

and especially Hi Avian Amphibian!

We have really enjoyed the SW expansion for AToE. Especially the more challenging encounters and the skill checks which have other rewards than just collecting Investigation.

However, I began thinking about future expansions, and a question popped into my mind:

Will there be more cards for the SW corner locations in future expansions?

I can see the dilemma for the Transcending Toad, if they release expansions containing cards for SW, people will get stuck with cards they cannot use if they only have AToE. On the other hand, we could use more than the 21(I think) cards in each deck, as it can be a bit repetitive to run into the same cards in the decks. An obvious solution would be 1 or 2 web expansions only for SW, but then again that also takes a lot of work from the guys (and gals)...

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2009, 05:11 PM
RE: Expansions for Something Wicked?
Yes, I'm very curious about this, too. I love the three new corner locations in SW, but I'd love to see more in the deck.
11-27-2009, 06:48 PM
I have bought a couple of the Arkham Horror expansions and they include cards for rules covered in other expansions, such as Heralds and Epic Battle (Old Dwarf, will know what I am talking about) which I cannot use at the moment but will be there if and when I get the relevant expansions.

So if the Frog just include cards to cover all releases thus far it will be a good idea....and if you think about it a good selling point:

"Oh, there's a bunch of cards I can't play with. Hmm, this rule sounds good, I'll think I'll order Something Wicked so I can play it." Zombie17
11-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I guess what they could do is make a Hero Pack expansion or card expansion that would be Something Wicked specific, though I don't really know what the point would be.

I noticed that on the SW board they have a 'to the shore' arrow. Though I like the idea of an expansion going to the shore, I'm alittle concerned that the expansion boards are creating a linear format instead of a square format. If in a future expansion the hero's have to cross the entire SW board to get to react to something on the new board it will chew up a lot of time. A square board formation would allow for quicker routes when going from one board extreme corner to another. (This is assuming 4 boards or ATOE board, SW board and two more expansions. I'm not going to try to guess how they might counter these things with more secret passages or magic doorways or such... A train station like Arkham Horror is definitely out on this one, though I must admit that it was a really good mechanic).

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
11-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Maybe they could run a Horse and Coach service, stopping at important points of interest along the way. Zombie03 Zombie17
11-30-2009, 12:12 AM
zombie67 Wrote:Maybe they could run a Horse and Coach service, stopping at important points of interest along the way. Zombie03 Zombie17

Hey, that might actually work... It could be a Monastery/Town Item sort of thing that would instantly transport you to the other town center sort of thing on the board. Good thinking '67.

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
11-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Good Idea! and you could have a Tavern as a starting pointWatchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-24-2010, 09:02 PM
I figured that they could make the shore a quarter-board-sized mini board, with a port on it.

Then you have a separate board that is the start of a new island/country/whatever.

The options for that new board would be unlimited- an Eastern European setting or even a big city kind of thing. Strange happenings in Shadowbrook has led a small band of heroes on a daring adventure across the sea in search of the source of this evil.

This of course leaves players with limited space the option of placing the new board wherever is convenient.