Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FANG figures painted
01-21-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: FANG figures painted
Recently got the game and just started painting the models. Will do the heroes next and like your idea about painting the henchmen.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/thu...p?album=80
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Those are great, Panzer.

I am not at all ashamed to say I am jealous as hell. Watchmen02
01-22-2013, 10:27 AM
(01-22-2013 12:59 AM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote:  Those are great, Panzer.

I am not at all ashamed to say I am jealous as hell. Watchmen02

Using the dip process or ink washes really makes the difference and isn't too difficult. I do find painting the FFP heroes makes the models easier to identify than leaving them as plastic.
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
(01-22-2013 10:27 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Using the dip process or ink washes really makes the difference and isn't too difficult. I do find painting the FFP heroes makes the models easier to identify than leaving them as plastic.

Do you make your own ink washes? I recently made a sepia wash using Les's wash recipe and for some reason it comes out bubbly. I finished washing my ATOE characters but I am not wholly satisfied with the job.

Kiddarqo - May I ask what paint color scheme did you use on the fortune? I really like it!
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 05:58 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
(01-22-2013 05:21 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  
(01-22-2013 10:27 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Using the dip process or ink washes really makes the difference and isn't too difficult. I do find painting the FFP heroes makes the models easier to identify than leaving them as plastic.

Do you make your own ink washes? I recently made a sepia wash using Les's wash recipe and for some reason it comes out bubbly. I finished washing my ATOE characters but I am not wholly satisfied with the job.

I use GW ink washes. You may need to 'pop' any bubbles that form - it depends on the consistency of the ink wash. Trial and error to get the right mix I'm afraid.